Thursday, June 30, 2011

New drawing skill! :)

It's almost Friday of a 3 day weekend, woo hoo! 
Maverick's Auntie Jo dropped by with a super fun surprise today at Nana's house:

"Cars" theme maracas, harmonica (with snazzy carrying case) and a tambourine (it's still at Nana's house).
He had so much fun standing there and shaking the maracas as hard as he could.  He hasn't quite figured out the harmonica, as he tries to eat it like a candy bar, ha!  But he likes it when I play it.  He wrinkles up his nose, and squeals at the same pitch. :)

He also loves it when I yell "Lightning McQueen!!" and he points to him on one of the instruments.

Which brings me to the newest conundrum.  I most definitely don't buy everything Mav wants at the store.  Not even close, actually.

But he is really starting to notice all the Cars merchandise at the store, ha!
So I broke down.  I bought him 2 new sippy cups with Lightning McQueen on them.
Actually, he needed some new ones anyways...the old ones were pretty worn!

This was our gourmet dinner tonight, ha!
The frozen pizza is actually very tasty, and hearty.  It is Shop'n'Save brand, but their fancy brand called Culinary Circle.  I highly recommend them!!  Only 5 bucks, too!
And what is pizza without our beloved toasted ravioli?!

Confession: Robbie and I can't seem to cut our addiction to these.
They are healthier leaning on bananas...right?! :)

Before bath time, we had some more coloring.
I don't know what is "developmentally appropriate" for a 19 month old's drawing ability...

...but Maverick displayed a new skill tonight out of the blue!

He can draw circles!!
It was so awesome to literally watch him do something he's never done before. :)

This one is on the fridge.
The bottom left red (looks pink) circles are actually pretty good! :)
(okay, I'm gonna stop now)

No comments: