Saturday, June 18, 2011

Is it the terrible two's?!

First, I must apologize.  I have no updated pictures to post!  Gasp, I know! :)

I hope to get some cute pictures tomorrow, for Robbie's 2nd Father's Day.  We have a really full day of activities planned.  First, breakfast steak at my parents' house to celebrate.  I'm going to go ahead and mush about my dad (my most loyal blog reader!).  Ever since I can remember, I've always thought that my dad was the coolest (and still do!!!).  He is the most humble and giving person I know, and so very selfless.  I wish that everyone could have a dad like I do, and I'm so blessed that God gave him to me.

After breakfast, it's off to the Cardinals game!  A great friend of ours gave us 2 really great tickets AND offered to watch Maverick.  How can I top that Father's Day gift?!  Tomorrow is the last day of this year's I-70 Series between the Royals and the Cards.  They've been really slacking lately, so I hope we bring home a winner!

And then, I think we're getting together with Robbie's side of the family to round out the evening.  We always have such a great time over there.  I wish the weekend was SO much longer!!!

Today Maverick was really showing off his "I'm becoming more independent" personality...and not so much in a good way, ha!  Could he be approaching the "terrible two's" a little early?  Oh well, better to get them out of the way. :)  (As if it actually went away after age two, right?!!!)

Maverick LOVES going outside.  A LOT.  Can't blame him, it is super fun out there!  However, I wouldn't ever get anything done if we were playing outside 12 hrs a day.

Mav and I spent more time than usual outside today because I vacuumed out the Jeep, and attempted to cut up parts of our tree that fell during a thunderstorm the other day.  Besides naptime, we spent almost all day outside.  When it was time to come in and get ready to go visit some friends for dinner, all he did was cry and stand at the door...hanging on to the doorknob...sobbing...yet stopping every few minutes to peek his little eyes over his arm to see if we would give in...

I got news for you kid---it's not gonna work.  (un)Fortunately for you, your momma has seen it ALL thanks to her occupation.  Mwa ha ha. :)

It actually wasn't that bad of a tantrum, just tears.  I calmly told him that we could go outside once he said "please" and calmed down.  And about 10 minutes later, we were back outside.  Not too bad...for now, ha ha!

I love my kiddo.

1 comment:

Old dude said...

No update on the tadpoles??? I hope they are doing well...