Sunday, June 26, 2011

Turned out to be a fun day!

Not that we were expecting a not-fun day, just more exciting than our usual Sunday!

First, thank you for all the compliments about my quest to blog daily.  Still not promising daily updates after my week commitment...but maybe I'll be inspired to update more than a couple times a month. :)  Again, I'm still not sure why I write this silly little blog.  I guess it's just fun to share a little bit of us with the world.

The original plan was: Church.  Nap.  Maybe grill some dinner.  Bedtime.
Thankfully, we ended up having a lot more fun than that today!

This was at church today.  Mav loves to walk along and tap all the chairs when service is over.
Today was the first time ever, that he did NOT want to leave nursery!
Normally all I have to do is call his name, and he sprints over to the door to leave.
Today I had to carry him out, and he was not happy about it! :)  

Okay, so I know I write about his love of wheels and cars a bazillion times.  But seriously, this kid is hooked!  Robbie turned on a Formula 1 car race on tv, and Mav got so excited that he ran around the room, twirling in circles until the race was over...30 minutes later.
Not kidding.

So then we were inspired to watch the movie "Cars" and I was pretty surprised that Mav paid attention to a good part of it.  Of course, while we were watching he was running laps and crashing into Robbie's lap on purpose.

It was about this time that we started to talk with some friends about hanging out tonight, so we cleaned the house just in case.  Mav decided that vacuuming the couch was really an excuse to jump on it like a trampoline.

I remember when I was a kid, I looooooved getting squished into the couch cushions.  Weird, I know.
Must be a genetic trait.

So, our evening turned out pretty fantastic!  Our friend Sean came over with his friend from New York, plus Robbie's sister Johanna, her husband Jon, and their son Noa, and their dog Ray, came over too!!
Impromptu BBQs are the best!

We grilled turkey burgers (I tried a new recipe, and it was yummy!), and veggie skewers.
We also enjoyed some pasta salad (which was already eaten from my plate), garlic hummus with crackers, and some delicious desserts. (see below, ha!)

Mav begging for food. :)

Here is the sweetest sugar baby in the world!! This is my nephew Noa, who will be 5 months old on July 4th.
I love, love, love hanging out with this little guy.  And Maverick LOVES him so much!  He gives him kisses, snuggles, shares his toys with him, and even offers his sippy cup to him.  It's so sweet!

Mav decided to poke holes in Robbie's burger while he wasn't looking. :)

Okay so this totally looks gross, but it was hard to get a decent picture.
First--the banana.  Grill it while it is still in the peel, and add some cinnamon.  So good!
Second--the most genius dessert ever: raspberries plugged with chocolate chips.
It is the divine taste of chocolate covered raspberries without the hassle of melting chocolate.
You HAVE to try it.  Seriously.

1 comment:

Old Dude... said...

Cool entries this week!! I know it took a lot to do this, but I can say that I for one enjoyed them.