Friday, June 24, 2011

Friiiii-day!

Ahhhh, it's amazing what a good night's sleep (and some Children's Tylenol) does!  I think Mav might have some sort of earache because he kept hitting the one side of his head, and there is the slightest amount of drainage.  Believe it or not, he's never had an ear infection so this is uncharted territory.

I was excited to bring home a few treasures for Mav when I got off work.  At work today, we had a 'mini carnival' complete with prizes and a clown who made balloon animals.  I'm pretty sure that he would've taken the balloon dog to sleep if he could!  It is patiently sitting on the table waiting for Mav to wake up. :)

I also brought home this tiny beach ball, which he calls "bah-et-ball!".
Every type of ball is a basketball to him, ha!

The smallest treasure was this plastic star ring.  He wasn't quite too sure about this.

We spent our afternoon playing with his sushi set. 
It's really fun because the pieces Velcro together, and you can 'cut' it with the meat cleaver.
My mom bought this when I was only a few months along in my pregnancy because she knew how much Robbie would love to teach Mav how to eat sushi. :)

Very politely offering to share his meal. :)

Mav is so funny about cups and bowls.  This is the soy sauce bowl to the sushi set, that he pretended to drink.
I don't know where he picked it up, but whenever he drinks from a cup or bowl he finishes it with a wispy "Ahhhh!" sound (like you'd hear in a Coke commercial).

Could this picture be anymore truthful?! :)
This is a money set that I picked up for free from work.  Part of the money is magnetic (and all over our fridge), and part is paper.

We started our evening walk about 7pm, and I guess it was about 7:30 when I noticed Mav's head starting to nod forward.  And then it dawned on me....he hasn't taken a nap yet today!

He woke up just enough to get his jammies on and have some milk.
And then he was toast again.
By 8pm.
Woo hoo for early bedtime!

No comments: