Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Day in the Life of Us: Wednesday!

I had an impromptu day off work today, so I apologize for the copious amounts of pictures. (and to not get your hopes up for this many photos tomorrow, ha!)
About 9:15 am:  Maverick slept in a little this morning, hooray for doing this on my day off!  Every morning starts with milk on the couch.  

Mav is obsessed with our bed because he LOVES to twirl and run around on it.  He always gets so stinkin' excited when I open our bedroom door, because its like entering the forbidden land.  The bed sits pretty high off the ground, otherwise I wouldn't mind him playing on it by himself.  Maybe once he gets a bit bigger.

It makes me so nervous sometimes the way he twirls and plops around on our bed...he's almost fallen off a few times. :)

We start the day with a trip to the park!  This--by the way--is the battle every time we get in the car.  Mav wants to drive SO badly, it's crazy!  He always goes straight to the driver's side door and begs to get in.

And this is the weeping and gnashing of teeth once I wrangle him into the carseat.  He screams SO loud that I'm pretty sure everyone thinks I'm kidnapping him.  Only about 14 and a half more years dude!  I'm wondering if some sort of steering wheel for carseats exists...and if it would help. :)

Aunt Robyn goes with us to the park, and Mav loves his Aunt Robyn!

This is Mav's favorite park, especially because of all the wheels and knobs to play with.  (By the way--there was ANOTHER little boy named Maverick there!!!  I hope that this doesn't mean his name is getting more popular, ha!)

I'm always having to tell Mav not to climb the slides (although this one is confusing, because you're supposed to climb up it).  Not that its a huge deal (and rather fun actually!) but all the other moms at the park tend to frown upon it, boo!)

I love this face!  This is the face he makes when he's REALLY excited about something. :)
We went to the mall after the park so I could grab some lunch...but Mav always knows that this little indoor playground in there.  It tends to be our "park time" during the winter.

Mav was so fascinated with this little baby!  He loved playing peek-a-boo with him. :)

This is the reason why we stopped by the mall.  My "it's my day off" celebration lunch. :)

Shortly after we ate (Mav had a homemade cheese and spinach leaves quesadilla), it was nap time.  And boy was it a faaaaabulous nap!  He usually only naps for about an hour-ish.  Today he slept for 3 glorious hours!!  He must have known I normally don't have Wednesdays off.  I slept for 2 of those hours, woo hoo!

We had to return something, and grab a couple essentials at the store.  Mav is so funny, he loves those Charmin bears. :)

Mav's way of helping me shop is grabbing the item from my hands, and throwing it in the cart behind him.

This is pretty much the face he always makes in the car.  Always focused on what's in front of us. 
"I want to drive!!!!"

Mav's guilty pleasure is "Wheel of Fortune".  (I'm serious when I say he's obsessed with wheels, ha!)
He gets so excited when they spin it!

He also loves to pronounce the letter sounds as they pop up.  Right here he was yelling, "Tee tee!"
(By the way, the solved puzzle was "A man who needs no introduction")

We spend a lot of our evening time on our front porch.  He likes to wave at everyone driving or walking by, and play with the wheels on the outdoor trash can.

Not so much interested in blowing bubbles tonight, just taking on and off the lid.

Then we took a walk with daddy and Belle.  I promised Robbie that it wasn't going to rain, but we ended up getting moderately wet, ha!  Mav thought it was pretty funny.

About 9 pm: bath time!  Do I have a cute kid, or what?!

Silly Mav!  Good night, friends!

Tomorrow won't be nearly as exciting.  Back to work, and then grocery shopping.
Too much excitement, I know. :)

No comments: