Thursday, August 18, 2011

Things I'm loving right now (and some I've always Loved)


First: Sugar Free Vanilla Iced Lattes
I know, I know.  Not the real thing.  As a former Starbucks barista, I feel rather guilty buying these.  But with this economy I just can't afford the designer coffee.  And actually, they taste pretty yummy!!

I was on a bad kick for a while and drank mocha frappuccinos instead.  Inevitably, that was also the same stretch that I decided not to go on my daily jogs.  Sigh.

But good news, back on the jogging routine!  Robbie just ordered a snazzy pedometer for me, and an armband for my iPod.  He wants to buy some mace for me too...but with a cell phone and sometimes keys, I may need a utility belt for all that stuff!

I've always admired hardcore runners because they are so dedicated.  I keep thinking that if I sign up for a half-marathon that I'll have to train for it.  Next season maybe?!  I'm also thinking about doing Zumba with a friend from work.  It looks like so much fun!  Plus the place where she goes doesn't require a membership or commitment, only pay-as-you-go $6 per class.  That's the cost of a fast food meal! 

Second: Our Jeep Liberty
Not that I stopped loving it, but I love that the weather has been SO fantastic that we can have the roof open all the time.  Sidenote: how crazy is this picture with Mav's old carseat in it?!  It doesn't seem like we've had this Jeep long enough to have had Mav in his old carseat just last October.  Holy moly, that was almost a year ago!

Geesh time flies!!!

Third: Pinterest
I'm still sort of figuring out how to pin from websites, but I could literally look at other people's bulletin boards for hours and repin it to mine!  My favorite boards to search are furniture/design/home decor.

Fourth (and best of all!): My son
Goofy, but fun picture!  It is just SOOOO crazy how grown up he is.  His vocabulary is expanding everyday, and growing with that is his personality.  He can still be pretty shy with people, but he has come out of his shell a lot too.  It's also funny how one day out of nowhere he will be terrified of something he's always loved...but then a week later he's fine with it, ha!

When we go to the park, he runs along with the big kids (not that they even notice) and tries to play tag with them.  He can pretty much do anything on the playground without any assistance too!  I still tag along just in case, but definitely by next summer he'll be complaining about it, ha!

And the whole big boy bed thing?  It is beyond crazy how SMOOTH that transition has been.  Only fell off once.  And he still waits for us to come get him out of bed when he wakes up.  Love it!

Let's hope potty training is as smooth!
A girl can dream, right?! 

No comments: