Thursday, August 11, 2011

I think we got this!

Not to drag the whole "big boy bed" thing out to very boring proportions, but I would like to say now that we are a few days into it...it's going unbelievably smooth!!  Maybe since he is a bit younger than when most people make the switch, he doesn't have a super attachment to it...or maybe Mav is just awesome...or maybe God just really blessed us...or all of the above!

The second night he rolled off his bed once (but landed on our nicely improvised cushions) and fussed until Robbie came in to put him back into bed.  When I left for work that morning he was sleeping all the way across the room, over the floor vent draped with a blanket...but when I got home a couple hours later he had put himself back into his bed.  Hooray!

Boppy pillows make for great improvisational landing cushions, ha!

It's also pretty funny to me that instead of stretching longways on the bed, he likes to sleep with his feet hanging off the unguarded side.  With a bazillion blankets.

This morning he slept in pretty late, so we opened his door and gate to see if he would toddle down the hallway when he woke up...but no! He stayed in his bed until we went in there to get him, ha! Still in the crib mentality I guess. We'll take it while it lasts!!!
Just in case his crib mentality decides to leave overnight...
Although he loves closing the gate all the time.  If he notices its open he goes out of his way to close it.

So I finally itched a scratch that's been bothering me for a while.  I had some fun with fuchsia hair dye! :)

It actually looks a lot more bright pink in real life.  I love it!!

No comments: