Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Interesting Day

Don't want to jinx it, but I'm gonna go ahead and say bedtime the other night was sort of a fluke.  Not saying it won't happen again, but the past two nights Mav has gone down perfectly. :)

So, now that I think about it I've had quite an interesting day.  I shall sum it up in bullet points because I'm stinky from running and need to get a shower, and then to bed.  5:30am comes WAY too quickly!

*I got a new tooth today.  Well, a temporary one until the real one comes in a few weeks.  And its actually my second fake tooth, ha!  Let's just say thin enamel runs in the family.

*I made Lasagna with eggplant.  Robbie and I were watching a cooking segment on tv, about small ways to eat healthier.  They showed a lasagna that had eggplant layers substituted for a couple pasta layers--and it turned out SO good!  Highly recommend!

*It was picture day at work.  Lots of pressure because staff pictures are hung up in the hallway ALL year.  I wore a cute flower in my hair. :)

*Maverick tried to bring his potty into the bathtub.  He is nowhere near ready for potty training.  But just to become familiar with it, we have a potty ring in his bathroom.  The routine at bathtime everynight is to point out all the Sesame Street characters on it, and then sit on it.  At first he would only sit on it in his clothes, then a diaper, now nakey boy.  And just last night he tried to sit on it himself!  (which makes me think we might need an actual potty rather than a potty ring--so he can get on it by himself.  I thought the potty ring would be nice so that it would only be one potty to get used to, and easier to travel with...but we'll see.)

So tonight during bathtime, he wanted to bring his potty ring into the tub to name all the characters on it.  Sigh.

*My dog is a ninja.  All day long, this fly has been buzzing around the house.  Both Robbie and I tried killing it several times.  It was buzzing around Belle's head.  She ignored him at first.  But then--she chomped on it, opened her mouth--fly escaped--and she ate it AGAIN.  Bam!  Probably the most amazing thing I've ever seen her do.

*I wanted to up my daily run to 2 miles.  I was all set to go out the door, but Mav was wanting to go with me.  I knew it would be a lot harder to do with him in tow, and I was right.  After about a mile, he was fighting to get out of the stroller.  So I only made it 1.5 miles in 17 minutes.  But felt good to get out anyways. :)

I post my distance/time on FB (and Blogger) now because I'm using it as motivation.  Everyone knows I've committed, so no turning back.  I used to hate seeing other peoples' posts about running because it made me feel lazy, ha ha!  So I'm not trying to show-off or anything.  As IF there was anything to show-off about!  Although, I have lost almost 6 lbs in about 2 weeks.  Seeing results is also a great motivator too!  Just gotta keep up with it.  That's the hard part. ;)

1 comment:

Old Diesel said...

Good to see you are staying with it, the running that is. And that makes two of us with thin enamel. I still have my temp, was suppose to get the fake real one today but the tooth wasn't ready, so with scheduling issues, I won't get mine in for another week or so.