Monday, August 29, 2011

Say it Ain't So

Was I actually naive enough to think that Mav would never want to get out of bed after we put him down?

Apparently so.  :)

Last night seemed like an epic battle, but now that's its morning I guess it would be over dramatic to describe it as such.  For the first time ever, Mav jumped right out of bed when it was time to go to bed.  It may or may not have been triggered by the fact that he wanted to stay and play hide-n-seek with the blanket in the front room.  (which he is currently doing as I type)

It killed me to hear him knocking on his door and crying, "Momma, momma, momma!"  But I knew that this would be just like training him to go back to sleep by himself when he was an infant...and I survived that!

Robbie went in twice and just stood at the door to say, "Maverick it's time for bed.  Get back into bed."  And he would run back into bed...crying.  I had to send Robbie with the stern face.  I wouldn't be able to keep from laughing/crying myself, ha!

This went on for about an hour and a half.  But then he finally gave up, whew!  Let's hope that tonight goes a little more smooth. :)

To update on my running--I've been running/walking at least 1.5 miles everyday.  Everytime I go out I try to run a little more than walk, and it feels great!  I know I'm not anywhere near ready for any sort of organized race but you gotta start somewhere, right?  I keep telling myself that I need to run somewhere besides our subdivision.  My route has a lot of hills! 

Today was the first day that I tried running most of the distance with Mav in the stroller.  It was not as difficult as I thought...but at the same time it was.  The hardest part for me was figuring out how to run with it.  Like, it was tricky to keep it going straight and not step on the wheels.  It's not a jogging stroller but it is super light weight, so that's nice.

It's pretty fun though to hear him go "weeee!" when we start running.  So that is some more incentive. :)

No comments: