Sunday, August 29, 2010

Goose eggs and Watermelons

Maverick earned his first (of many, many, I'm sure!) goose eggs on his forehead the other day. He is crawling around like a super pro, and pulling himself up on everything he can reach (or not reach!). He can even stand on his own for a couple seconds. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a goose egg sooner, ha ha!



He was trying to climb the computer desk and lost his grip, and bonked his forehead.




Of course he did it the day before a scheduled check up with his doctor, ha! She gave him a high-five for being adventurous. I'm a bit behind on the blogging front, I still need to post his monthly growth pictures. (I'm writing this so I don't forget, I have mommy brain)

To get a bit sentimental for a moment, I remember when we first bought our house. I stood on the driveway and thought how awesome it would be that someday we might have kids and I would see their little faces in the door from the front yard. I love that this has become a reality. :)




I also wanted to post a blurb about the very tasty watermelon my dad grew in his garden. He also grows corn, a variety of peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers (which he pickled in jars), and pumpkins (which will hopefully be Maverick's first pumpkin this fall). I think he tried strawberries too but the rabbits got to them.

Congrats Dad, it was super juicy and deeeeeeeelicious! Looking forward to any venison meat in our future. :)



1 comment:

Old Dude said...

Looking at the pictures, Maverick looks pretty proud of his goose egg!!! And if you think mommy brain is frustrating, wait until you get grandpa brain...