Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day at the Beach


Okay, okay we don't have a real beach here in St. Louis. But we do have a Mighty Mississippi river, and plenty of really nice lakes. :) Yesterday evening we went to Creve Coeur lake.



Maverick experienced sitting in the sand for the first time and had lots of fun squishing the sand in his hands. Fortunately Maverick is a weird kid and doesn't put anything in his mouth so I didn't have to worry about him eating anything. Have you ever seen a baby that doesn't put anything in their mouth?? I haven't. (unfortunately this isn't a good thing when trying to teach him how to feed himself)



I had a brief thought of putting him in a swim diaper before I left, and I wish I would have. I should have known better to think that baby + water = a messy Maverick. I thought he was gonna plunge in face first a few times, ha!



Strollers are not meant for sand. I felt guilty for leaving our dog at home, since she loves this park. But I'm glad I left her at home because I looked silly enough trying to hold Mav in one hand and drag the stroller with the other.





Gotta love the feeling of wet sand on your feet, I do!



Maverick wrote this himself, ha ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe I saw this before Ol' Dude. I am guessing the water was very warm as he does not seem to be shivering. Keep the stories coming.

Jenni and Robbie said...

Yeah, it wasn't too bad outside considering it's been like a bazillion degrees the past few weeks. I think tomorrow the heat index is supposed to be like 120! Thanks for reading, it is nice to share the memories.