Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blogs and Babies

So I was just thinking: What did Moms do before blogging? It seems like the vast majority of bloggers out there are mommies who just like to share what is going on in their crazy life, with or without the hope that someone is reading. I think all of us bloggers just like the feeling of sending our memories out there as a way to connect to the outer world.



Maybe it's kinda like sharing a billfold of your child's picture at the water cooler to a coworker. Except minus the water cooler...and coworker. Ha ha!



I love to blog because it is a great way to record family memories. I haven't even bought a baby book yet (slaps wrist). I have been keeping all kinds of things for his book (everything from our hospital bands to his first Valentine), and I actually write down just about every silly milestone on a notepad hanging on the refrigerator...so that I can transcribe it all to a baby book. I just haven't found a baby book that I like. I may have to settle though. Maverick could be in 4th grade before it's done.

I think I might invest in having my blog published in a book. There are some really cool websites that will print every single post (with your pics) in a hardback book.


Can you guess why Maverick is SO excited?!


Maverick is going to have a new baby cousin arrive sometime around February 9, 2011!

I can't believe I haven't mentioned anything on here until now. But, anyone who actually reads this blog probably has already known for a while!

My sister-in-law Johanna and her husband Jon are expecting their first child. I am SO excited for them. Like, super duper excited! Even though life gets to be pretty nuts when you have a kid, that is what makes it all fun.

I don't want to jinx myself, but so far I've been 100% correct guessing the gender of all my friends' babies. My feeling for Jon & Jo is that "lower case i" is a girl. But everyone thought we were having a girl...so I could be way off. They are hoping to find out what it is at their next appointment. I will be clinging to my phone that day!

I've been incredibly jealous that Johanna hasn't had any nausea, and she is already into her 2nd trimester. NOT fair! I could barely choke down crackers for 16 weeks. Although, she deserves not having to deal with that yucky stuff. I know that she has had some pretty rough migraines to deal with.

Maybe Johanna will start a blog? Hint hint. Hint. Ha ha ha!

1 comment:

Lehmansterms said...

Wouldn't a blog by Johanna be fabulous?!? hint-hint :)