Friday, March 30, 2012

What would you do if you won?

The big question of the day seems to be, "What would you do if you won the mega millions lottery?"

Well, a lot.

First, I would try not to pass out.  Or stroke out.  Especially since dead people can't claim lottery tickets.  I mean goodness gracious--$640 million dollars.  Minus tax, you'd still be richer than Lady Gaga.  Instantaneously.

Second, I would hire a lawyer/financial advisor.

Third, I would lay low...for a reeeeeeeeeally long time.  Like, until it wasn't in the news anymore.  And then add 6 months.  Or more.

Fourth, I would buy the best security system on the planet.  My biggest fear is someone kidnapping my child, or loved one for ransom.  (Just thinking about it makes my heart race, and I would give up all my money in a heartbeat).

And then some fun stuff.

We would love to make a HUGE donation to the Barnard Trust Fund at Siteman Cancer Center.  They paid for ALL of Robbie's cancer treatment because he had no health insurance at the time.  All surgeries, all chemotherapy sessions, all prescriptions, all doctor's visits, all CT scans, everything.  It would be such a blessing to pay that forward for many, many, people.  I cannot even begin to express the amount of stress that was taken off our shoulders.  The enormous stress of having & treating cancer is more than anyone should have to deal with, let alone the cost of it.

We also decided that we would stay in the same house.  Mostly for our son and dog, since that's the only place they've ever known.  And we really like our house.  But we would finally be able to take the carpet and wallpaper from the 1980s out and redecorate. :)

We would pay off all our debt, and all our family's debt.  Set our parents up for a great retirement they could enjoy instantly.

Invest for future generations.

That's pretty much about it. 

It's so crazy to even fathom coming into that much money, overnight.  It's scary, actually.  It seems like more of a burden than anything.  So I kinda hope we don't win!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suppose this means you DID buy a lottery ticket. . . . . . .