Sunday, April 1, 2012

Crazy Day

Today there were lots of tears.  Maverick's and mine.  It was just one of those days.

I only have a little bit to type.  My blessed, awesome husband just took Mav to the playground for some "me" time.  I even have pictures from today, but I don't think I'll have time to upload them.  Just one of those days.

I was so excited about today since our church has a fun Easter celebration the week before Easter.  There is an egg hunt, lunch, inflatables, face painting, etc, for kiddos & families to enjoy.  Maybe my expectations were too high for Mav this year.  I thought he would really be into it since he liked it last year, and is one year older now.  Wrong!  He had no desire whatsoever to hold his basket, let alone hunt for eggs.  I didn't want to force him, but even gently trying to coax him over to the egg hunt--he would collapse into a fit.  Sigh.

Of course, I can't blame him for what he really wanted to do.  Every week after church we go explore some school buses parked near the building.  And of course this week that's all he wanted to do.  Which was cool...but I couldn't convince him after the school buses to go do the egg hunt.  I was really bummed out because it's one of those super cheesy mom-things that I love...oh well.  (Hence some tears on the way home--why is my kid not normal tears)

So after all that, we really wanted to go in and eat lunch and try to socialize with people at our church.  We hardly know anyone because we rarely get the opportunity to interact with adults.  But we decided just to leave since Mav was already in a crazy mood.  Plus--it is SO difficult to take him out to eat anywhere.  All he wants to do is be up & moving, exploring while we eat.  Understandably, he's only 2.  However, it feels like we have the ONLY 2 year old in the universe that doesn't like to sit down while eating.  (IF he eats.  I have no idea how he is so big.  He never eats.  Can't be bribed with food.  Nothing.)  So more tears on the way home.  Mostly--I'm the worst parent in the world because I can't get my kid to sit down and eat tears.

Then we suffered through the longest. afternoon. ever.  Mav was just so cranky.  And I couldn't figure out why.  Crying and fits about the smallest things.  He would cry if you offered to do something with him, but then when you walk away because he doesn't want to do it--more crying.  So I cried some more.  Mostly--why can't I help my kid tears.

And of course, no nap.  Just rolling around in bed crying.

Finally, Mav agreed to go to the playground.  Robbie is a saint and the best husband ever.

I know today is just one day, and tomorrow will be better.  Fortunately these kind of days don't come around often.  But when they do, it's hard!  Praying that bath & bedtime aren't too full of tears! :)

No comments: