Saturday, April 14, 2012

Easter...a week late, ha!

Hello All!  Well, those couple of you who have faithfully hung around, haha!  Blogging has taken a back seat lately since we've been busy with holidays and stuff.  I promise to get better about it.  ;)

Anyways, so here is our family Easter...about a week late.  Family get-togethers are always really fun with my family--never a dull moment!  You know the Griswold holidays?  Yep, that's my family, lol!  And I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Just lots and lots of fun!!

We went to my Aunt Chris' house (or Aunt Kisses as Mav says, ha!).  She has 5 children--my "little" cousins.  Except for Jamie (my twin), they are all boys (well, almost all men now) that tower over me.  My late Uncle Jimmy (their dad) was 6' 5" (taller?) so they all inherited his tall genes. :) 

You know what's the best thing about having all those giant boy cousins?  They love playing baseball outside and entertaining a certain toddler! Also, they have a giant trampoline.  Maverick was in heaven!!!!

I enjoyed a tasty Easter lunch on the porch with my other "little" cousin Hannah (who I'm pretty sure is taller than me now, sigh).  We had fun talking & catching up while the boys played below.  It was nice!


The boys are always playing baseball or hockey.  Thankfully today it was baseball...don't need Mav playing hockey just yet. ;)


Every few pitches or so, they would stop and pitch to Mav.  Someday he'll be able to show those boys up, haha!

Then came time for the egg hunt.  Maverick loved it!!  I was relieved since the egg hunt at church was another story.  But I think he was overwhelmed with the amount of kids and the lure of the buses.  Grandpa did the honors of helping Mav with his basket.  The older kids (myself included) hunted for eggs too, it was fun!  All the eggs had a little candy and cash in them.  I donated my money to Mav's fund...but enjoyed his candy. :)



There is my happy boy!

He totally got the whole idea, and even tried putting a few whiffle baseballs in his basket, ha!


After the egg hunt, straight to the trampoline again!


Don't get any gift ideas Grandpa!  Unless it's at your house. :)


Mav's loot!  Is he spoiled, or what?  My parents got him the baseball themed basket; My Aunt Linda got him the Cars toothbrush set, bowl set, and Cardinal cookies; My Aunt Chris got him the Hotwheels, bath toys, and bubbles; plus the money from the egg hunt.
 

Of course Easter isn't about the gifts, just like Christmas.  Just a small, fun part.  Easter morning we read parts of the Easter story to Mav from his Bible.  Our prayer is that someday he will come to know the Lord. :)

No comments: