Thursday, March 29, 2012

Still here, I promise!

We've been so busy around here!  I've had a different work schedule the past couple weeks, but now we're finally back to normal.  I've taken a gazillion pictures of things to blog about it, but haven't found time.  Or if I have time, I'm too exhausted, haha!

We've been using our "free" time working in the yard.  Our poor yard.  It's an epic battle.  Especially this giant crop of poison ivy growing in the backyard.  I've sprayed it a few times with some heavy duty stuff, but the little bright green buds on the vine are mocking me.  I'm sooooo allergic, so I'm thinking I either need a hazmat suit to pull it out or get someone else to do it.  It is growing up behind the siding too, so goodness knows what kind of damage it may have done.  Stupid poison ivy!  (calling it names makes me feel better)

Mav really loves to "help" us with yardwork.  He uses a small shovel and helps dig out weeds (well, moves some dirt around, ha!).  Our house is a corner lot, so it's a lot to keep up with.  We have 7 trees, 2 full sides of bushes, 3 lawns to mow, and a backyard with lots of love needed.  It doesn't help that we are completely surrounded by retired people who spend ALL day working on their houses.  Although they are all sweet people and say they remember "those days" of trying to upkeep a house with a little one around.

The other day Mav and I took a trip to our newly remodeled library! We haven't been to the library since the old one was torn down, so it's been a long time.  Last time we went was in June of last year:


Yes, I was dork enough to take some pictures of tearing down the old one, and building the new one. :)


This was in December, so they worked pretty fast!  I guess having a really mild winter helped.


All finished!  It's twice as big!


The new library is beautiful!!  Mav spent almost all his time in the foyer looking at this water sculpture and up at the giant skylight. :)


He wasn't too interested in sitting down with a book.  He wanted to explore every nook and cranny.  I guess my only "complaint" is that the children's area in the old building had comfy pillows for kids to lay and read on.  Now it's just tables & chairs.  I guess it was too hard to keep the pillows clean. :)


We ventured upstairs where its mostly meeting rooms and computers.  Mav's favorite part was the stairs, of course.

Of course I've been keeping my weather eye to the sky.  This particular day there was a lot of circulation in the upper atmosphere, and I got some cool shots of rotating clouds.  Thankfully nothing dangerous, just pretty fun to watch!

No comments: