Friday, March 16, 2012

Life Lately

We've been pretty busy around here!  Mostly enjoying the ah-mazing weather.  I love that Mav has been able to be barefoot and in shorts already!  Shoes and socks are a pain, ha!  I just uploaded a ton of pics sitting in my camera, so I guess I'll just thumb through them chronologically as a catch up.

I love having a fenced in backyard.  Mav loves to play fetch with Belle and I just lay in the warm sunshine.  After a while, Mav even came and laid next to me and we just stared at the puffy cumulus clouds in the sky...pure bliss!


He is growing into such a little man!  I was hoping his 2T clothes I bought at the end of last summer would make it through this summer...but they are all pretty tight.  Except the ones in this picture, ha!


This is my most favorite time of year!  I've been such a weather geek since high school and it's just one of those things that truly fascinates me and always will.  Even though I've seen a gazillion cumulonimbus clouds like these, I get so jittery every time!  I wish something I loved so much wasn't so destructive.  That's the awful thing. 

I check the Storm Prediction Center website at least once a day and love to track storms online.  When storms are forecasted for our area I get really excited, it's almost embarrassing, ha!  I'm going back and forth between the radar and window to see what's going on.  To say I'm disappointed when storms go a little north or south of us is pretty accurate...and probably really weird to most people, lol.  Oh well, it's what I love.

Mav's life goal at the moment is to drive.  He l-o-v-e-s cars (hotwheel size and bigger).  Now that he refuses to be put in, or taken out of his carseat, he tries sneaking into the driver seat.  He says, "Mamick drive!" to which I reply, "No, Maverick rides in the back seat and mommy drives!".  Occasionally I let his dreams come true and let him sit there.  It is freakish how well he knows to do everything.

He knows that his feet push the pedals to go & stop, how to put it in gear (terrifying!), and much easier things like turning on lights, wipers, etc.  I kid you not---while we are traveling he tells me how to turn the wheel, shouts "Green, go!" and "Red, stop!", and if I've been sitting too long at a stop sign he shouts, "Go jeep, go!"

Scary. 

This picture was taken yesterday, when we had some pretty convective storms move through.  These are mammatas clouds (the circular clouds, bottom right), and they show the cold air trying to sink through the warm moist air.  We only got pea sized hail at our house (I say "only" but really it's nice not to have damage!).  About 10 miles from us had baseball size!  Robbie called me during the storm and I thought he was driving in it, but it was noise from hail hitting his work building roof (golf ball size).


Half of our porch is covered, which is great for storm watching.  Mav was getting really excited about the storm, too.  He was running around saying, "Bunder (thunder)! White-ning (lightning)!"  I think my weather nerd gene may have been passed on, ha!  But we went inside when the lightning intensified.  Technically--you can be struck no matter how far way the lightning is (or even if its just distant thunder).  Did you know that lightning is hotter than the surface of the sun?


Let's see, I guess we're up to today now!  Today my sister cashed in part of her birthday gift--a date with us to Chick-fil-A.  Until today, she has never tried it.  My sister had never eaten the Lord's chicken!!!!!  We brought my mom too, because my parents haven't either!  Honestly, I knew I was adopted from the beginning and this just confirms it. :)

Mav loves the "chicka-bil-a pay-gound" as he calls it.  I love it too, because I get a seat next to it and watch him play from my seat...while enjoying some me time.  He plays in there forever, and does a great job climbing around in there.


Monkey Mavs.

Showing off his jumping skills.


Annnnnnnnnnd the ride home makes for an easy nap.  He must have been really tired because he never falls asleep with my sister and mom in the car because they are so exciting.  And yes, Mav loves to use the Boppy as a regular pillow, ha!  I kept putting a regular toddler size pillow in his bed, and he'd switch it.  At least it's getting some use!

No matter how old he gets, I love just staring at him while he sleeps.  Maybe I'll stop by the time he's 17. :)

No comments: