Sunday, January 1, 2012

Party Animals...Sort Of

Happy New Year!

2012 is here!  I don't know why, but I'm really excited about 2012.  I think its because 2012 is a nice and even, balanced number.  Of course that really doesn't mean anything, ha!  It must also be the excitedness of a new year.  Although Robbie did bring up a good point...January 1st is just another day.  My husband is so inspirational. ;)

For the first time in quite a while, we didn't have any plans for New Years Eve and just chilled at home.  Mav is at a weird age as far as trying to get him to sleep in unfamiliar places (it doesn't happen), so we would've thrown a home party.  Except we've thrown a couple big parties pretty recently and we're pooped out from them.

So this was our NYE party this year--a cozy and relaxing night.  My house is terrible for pictures when the sun goes down.  I hate using the flash on my camera, but those silly cfl lightbulbs make for awful lighting no matter what the settings are on my camera.  Enough about that, let's get to the party. :)

Lots of tickle fights through the night!


Of course there was much fun to be had in the tent!




We enjoyed a mini marathon of King of the Hill.  Appropriately, this episode was about the Y2K apocalypse frenzy, ha ha!  Oh Dale.  Err, I mean Rusty Shackleford.


By now it was like 7:45...and I didn't know how long I would make it!  Pathetic, I know.

Mav enjoyed more playing in his hideout.  Don't know how much longer he will fit in there!


Speaking of that, I started a new tradition on a whim.  I marked Mav's height on his bedroom door frame.  I think people usually do this on birthdays...but New Years Eve could be fun too? 


You can sort of see it...up there near the door knob hole thingy.  He is getting so big!  (apparently bigger = more messy room, ha!)  At his 2 yr check up over a month ago, he was 36 1/4 inches tall.  So if you go with the statistic of two year olds being about half their adult height...Mav will be 6 ft tall.  Just like his daddy!


We played cars.  A LOT.  Aunt Johanna and Uncle Jon got Mav that nifty car mat.
It folds up into a storage box! :)


And what would New Years Eve be without pizza?


Some yummy cream cheese and crackers, too!
   

I ended up nodding off with Mav I think around 9:45 or 10pm.  We are SO wild. :)

Fortunately I woke up again around 11:30, just in time to celebrate the New Year.  And then I went back to sleep.  And dreamed of hanging out with Jimmy Fallon, ha!  I suppose that's what you get when you fall asleep watching Saturday Night Live.

Whatever 2012 may bring, I love that God already knows and is ready to walk us with us through it. 
The awesome, the bad, and everything in between. :)

Hope that your new year is awesome, too!

No comments: