Saturday, January 14, 2012

Flashback Friday, well Saturday now

Last night I was reading a couple other blogs, and they did a Flashback Friday theme.  I thought that would be cute, too!  I picked out some photos and thought about what to write for after when Mav went to bed...but then it never happened.

Maverick didn't go to sleep until 3:30am

3:30 AM

Yep.

Still battling the separation anxiety PLUS cutting his 2 year molars.
No bueno.

Guess what time he woke up?  7:00am. 
No rest for the weary.

You know the teething diarrhea that doctors say doesn't actually exist?  Well, that's a bunch of gump.  Ever since tooth #1, Mav always gets it.  The 2 yr molars are no exception.  And this morning it showed up in full force.  All over my shirt.

With ALL that said, we've actually had a great day.  We spent the morning/afternoon celebrating one of Mav's buddies' 2 year birthday.  All the kiddos had so much fun, and all of us grown ups celebrated that we're finally at a stage where we can sit back and relax while the kids play (all of our kids are about 2-3 yrs old).  That is until we all start having more kids I guess, ha!

I was so relieved when Mav fell asleep on the way home.  FINALLY a chance to quietly relax on the couch.  Maybe watch something on Netflix that isn't Diego or Mighty Machines.

And then Mav woke up.

And never went back to sleep.
No matter what I tried.

Sigh.

BUT.  Life could be way worse.  Way, way, way, worse. 
And I am rejoicing in the blessings I've been given.
Even if they are cranky and poo-squirting. :)

So...how about some Flashback Friday?



Can you believe it?  Obviously its not the same hawk...but we've been having hawk friends visit (I suppose on their migratory journey) for a few years now.  In almost the exact same spot on the fence, ha! 
January 17, 2009.


Crazy to think Maverick was ever that tiny!  I guess he was about a month and a half old, all snuggled in his carseat and bundled up under his seat cover. 
January 13, 2010



Playing in the laundry basket.  I love that sweet face. :)
January 15, 2011

No comments: