Friday, January 6, 2012

It's All Good

Robbie noticed that I had a whole bunch of hawk websites up on the computer and he asked if I was looking to adopt one, ha!  No...just trying to research about my new friend.  He (or she?) doesn't have a name yet.  This is probably the 4th time I've seen him on our back fence and I finally snapped a picture of him.  Wish it was better quality, but I didn't want to scare him away.  I still have no idea what type of hawk (I assume hawk?) he is.  To me, there were hundreds of different pictures on Google that looked like him.


An old friend/acquaintance of mine from high school is traveling all the way to Austin, TX next month to run in the Livestrong Half-Marathon in memory of one of her dear friends who passed away from leukemia.  She set a personal goal to raise $500 for the Livestrong Foundation, and has offered to carry the name of a person to be honored/remembered for anyone who makes a donation.  I made a small donation in Robbie's honor, and she is going to wear his name while she runs.  How awesome is that?! :) 

I can't believe this summer will mark 5 years being cancer free!


Robbie and I have always said if we were to ever come into an absurd amount of money, the first thing we would do (besides hire a financial advisor) is pay it forward to Siteman Cancer Center at the Center for Advanced Medicine,Washington University where Robbie was treated.  At the time, Robbie had no health insurance and was awarded a full "scholarship" that covered care from the top surgeons, physicians, and oncologists in the country; all chemotherapy; all prescription drugs; all bloodwork; all ct scans, etc, etc.  It truly was a miracle for us.  And I know the Livestrong Foundation and Siteman Cancer Center work together to fundraise money for research and treatment.

Today it was also BEAUTIFUL outside!  66 degrees on January 5th?!  Loved opening the roof in the Jeep!  I jumped at the opportunity to take Mav out to the park in short sleeves, and to take some fun pictures.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I popped my flash drive into the computer and saw that I took 120 pictures.  Oops, ha ha!  Don't worry I won't upload all of them to this post. :)  Also, I had a little fun with our Photoshop software and tweaked the lighting a bit.

Didn't have to be told twice where to go!


Going down the slide!


Mav likes to go down slides like this, ha!




Last summer he loved to climb this big kid playground, and about gave me a heart attack every time.
(even though I was right behind him)
It's fun to see how much he can do by himself just a few months later!


Brave enough to go down the BIG slide?


Sort of...he still wanted to hold mommy's hand, ha!


Mav loves riding these little guys.
Now he can get on and off by himself!



Swings!


What a beautiful day!


I'm sure we'll pay for this nice weather next week with a couple feet of snow.

No comments: