Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sundays are Fundays!

We finally made it back to the early service at church today!  Between the holidays and waking up late...we either went to the 11 o'clock service or didn't go at all.  Nothing against the later service, we always like that one too.  But it's so nice to get out of church at 10:30am and still have most of Sunday open.  That sounds terrible, huh?!  Lol!

Mav used to be terrified of church.  He would start fussing as soon as we drove up to the building.  But now that he is a bit older & wiser, he knows there is SO much fun to be had. :)

After running down the hall, he knocks over the gate to get into his classroom, ha!  As a preschool teacher I know parents love to hear great things about their kiddos, so it always warms my heart when we pick up Mav after church and get a great report.  Today his teacher told us that he is always a gracious share-er.

I often wonder if my preschoolers' parents keep all the millions of drawings/crafts/papers that we send home...because I do!  Okay, maybe not all of them.  I did put this one in the keepsake box.  He colored it today during church.  I don't think he traced the number 3 though, ha ha!
 

Mav loves to color so much that he decided to freestyle a bit on the back.  And it's probably just me...but I think it looks like a fish. :)


Let's see...what else did we do today?  Sundays are usually our big laundry and tidying up days, then having the rest of the evening to chill and enjoy family time.  I don't know why, but I love having all my laundry clean and put away by Sunday night.  It just feels good to start off the week with all empty laundry baskets.

Mav did about 400 laps with his Towmater, ha!  It is actually a bubble machine...but we haven't given that surprise away yet.  It does make a really cool engine sound when you push it, I think that's why Mav likes it.


Maverick often requests "Horsey rides" and we often oblige. :)


We extra splurged on dinner tonight.  The kitchen was really clean.  Neither one of us felt like cooking (or dirtying dishes).  So we splurged on ordering pizza, and then extra splurged on Cecil Whittaker's pizza!  Normally our budget calls for Little Caesar's hot-n-ready pizzas...but we haven't had Cecil's (our favorite!) in forever and they had a good family deal.  Plus--Cecil's pizza is the best pizza to eat cold for breakfast.


We don't normally follow football (I should mention that pitchers and catchers report to spring training in about a month!), but we half-way watched the Steelers-Broncos game (we did watch the entire overtime though!).  Mostly I had to show Robbie what "Tebowing" was, lol! 

We "Tebowed" in front of the tv at the end of the game.  With the rest of Denver. :)

3 comments:

Jo said...

It does look like a fish!

And that was really a commitment to watch that ENTIRE overtime. :-)

Jenni and Robbie said...

I know, right?! It was SUCH a long overtime, ha!

I think I heard Jon scream from our house...

Old Dude said...

So what is "Tebowing" and why would baseball greatest fans watch something else??? Although I guess it's OK to go outside ones box every once and a while... and yes, I see a fish tooooo. Great picture Maverick!!!