Monday, January 23, 2012

A spare minute to post!

Okay, so can I tell you how WONDERFUL it has been to discover Mav's new schedule?!

It is like a new life for him, and us.

He has been sleeping twelve hours straight from 8p-8a.  Let the peasants rejoice! :)

Of course there are still moments of needing to go in and soothe him occasionally...but nothing like the drama before.  And most importantly--he has been doing great going all day without a nap.  No crankiness, tantrums, etc.  Which makes me feel more at ease about taking out the nap.  I guess Maverick is just ready for it a little early...we'll see!  If not, that's cool too.  Just want the best for our little guy! 

However---there have been a few days that he's fallen asleep during the day on his own accord.  Which is fine, too.  We've pretty much figured out:  no nap = 12hrs at night; and 2 hr nap = about 10hrs at night. 

So there is a 2 hr give in either direction...we'll take it!!  And Mav seems to be doing alright with it.

Anyways...on to the important topic! :)

Have you heard of the show "Downton Abbey"?  Well...I'm sort of addicted to it. (thank you Jo)


I have to admit...I was a little scared away due to a particular scene in the first episode...but as weird as this may sound...you kinda have to push past it and later on you realize how it makes sense with that character.

~Anyways~ this show is so BEYOND fantastic!  I can't even begin to describe how epic the writing, character development, cinematography, wardrobe, etc, etc, ETC(!) is of the show.  I hope it is around for a long, long, time!  It seems like anything that is genuinely great isn't on for long though.  Boo!

And since Maverick fell asleep at SEVEN o'clock tonight, I'm all caught up on the first season!!  I can't wait to watch the 3 episodes for season 2 this week (errr...maybe tomorrow night?!), so I can be current for the new episode on Sunday.  I'm thinking we need to plan a weekly DA watch party. :)

Also, I probably love this show so much because I (not so) secretly wish I was British Aristocracy.  Kinda like how I (not so) secretly took a vacation day off work to get up at 3am to watch the Royal Wedding...

Would you tell his Lordship that I've tired, and have gone to bed?

No comments: