Friday, January 27, 2012

Nostalgic Film and Flashback Friday

It's been so much fun looking back in time on Fridays!  Unfortunately we've owned a digital camera only since 2008, so my digital library isn't too extensive.  Well, our hard drive is almost full...but that's because Mav was born, ha!

Looking back, it's funny to me that I resisted the digital change for so long.  I've been into photography since high school (it all started with my 11th grade weather photography project...nerd, I know).  I remember receiving my first "fancy" camera for my 19th (or 20th?) birthday.  It was a Canon Rebel DSLR, but it only took film and I loved it!! 

There was something just so awesome and sort of nostalgic about still using film--but the coolest thing to me was the painstaking decision of whether or not to snap a picture.  There was only 24 exposures available.  I would carefully zoom, re-position, zoom, and re-position about 30 times before I actually took a picture...if I took one at all, ha!  No memory card to haphazardly fill and delete later. 

I actually still had a roll of film left in that camera that I discovered months ago.  Now the roll is sitting on my dresser and I keep meaning to drop it off and the drugstore.  I better do it soon, they might be getting rid of the machine to develop film, ha ha!

I have a huge album of photos taken with that camera.  Most of which I've been able to scan into the computer.  Ironic?  :)  Here are a few...







Those bring back lots of great memories of wandering about town, just me and my camera.  Crazy to think that at one point in my life I had time to do that, ha!  But I wouldn't trade my life now, for anything-ever in the world.  Maybe once I retire I can return to wandering aimlessly in the name of photography...on my Hoveround. :)

How about a few flashback photos?


Speaking of having lots of time on my hands--this is from January 31st, 2009.  I made my infamous, made-from-scratch-crust apple pie.  Just for the heck of it.  It's been so long since I've made this, I'm afraid my crust making skills have declined.  My mouth is watering!

Below is one of my favorite pictures of (almost) all of my bestest bestie friends in the whole universe!!  This was January 20th, 2010 (Marcy's birthday!).  Lexi was in town to meet Maverick and visit with all of us girls; plus she stayed with me for a few days to give tons of new mommy advice.  I love these girls SO much.  God has truly blessed us with keeping us so close-knit for many years, over many miles of land (and back).


This little guy was almost 2 months old!  (and the reason why I look so exhausted, ha!)  I can't believe those shoes were too big on him there.  They are now in his keepsake drawer, and they look so tiny!


January 24th, 2011--apparently Maverick was training to be a Deejay. :)


And now we've caught up to 2012.  Maverick is such a big boy compared to last year!  I know I'll be saying that for the rest of his life...at least until he goes to college, ha!  This is Mav rockin some new clothes before church last Sunday.  Don't let the innocent Nordic hoodie fool you, there are skulls and cross bones in the design...do you see them? :)


Showing off his fancy new Nikes.  To be honest, I haven't super cared or been impressed about the "quality" of kids shoes until now. (aside from the normal "do they fit?")  I think we might have to stick with Nikes for Mav's running/playing shoes from now on.  You can really tell they take care to design and manufacture their kids' shoes just like adult athlete shoes, which is why they are so expensive.  We got these for 75% off, so we'll have to keep our eyes peeled for more sales like those!


Have a super wonderful weekend!

No comments: