Friday, December 30, 2011

I should be sleeping!

I have a surprise vacation day today.  I know--how does one have a surprise vacation day? :)  Well, this week due to the holidays, we have a LOT less kiddos at work than we were expecting.  Yesterday a few people got the day off...and today a few different people (a la me) get the day off.  Woo hoo!  So with my work being closed on Monday...that's a 4 day weekend.  I'll take it!

I was hoping to sleep in until about 8 when Mav usually wakes up...but that wasn't the case.  First, he ended up in our room/bed around 5am.  Which is actually pretty routine.  Mav wakes up when I'm getting ready for work, so for the sake of time--I toss him into my side of the bed.  He loves it.  And its only for a few hours anyways.

Have you ever tried sleeping next to a 2 yr old (especially one the size of a 3 yr old)?  They are quite violent, ha!  After being karate punched in the face, and kicked in the throat...I just gave up trying to sleep.  Oh well.

Gives me more time to swoon over stuff like this:
And stuff like this:

I held off Christmas shopping for New Baby I because they had an ultrasound scheduled for Dec 28th, with the hope that they would find out the gender. 
Jon and Johanna are expecting a sweet baby girl in May.

A girl!!!!

SO excited for them!  And excited to finally get to shop in the bigger, more variety filled section!  Let's face it--shopping for boys is super easy...and super boring.  Sure, you can find funny or cute shirts.  But that's IT.

Yawn.

We can't wait to meet you sweet baby girl!

2 comments:

Jo said...

I'm going to need to know where you found that dress and coat. :-) I need to pin them.

Anonymous said...

Jenni with have to tell Jo the story about HER same-style coat from when she was a kid.