Sunday, December 11, 2011

Keepsakes

This post most likely will not interest you at all, ha!  I'm not even going to upload pictures.  I just really keep meaning to write down all the cute things Mav is saying right now...and I have a few minutes at the computer.  The hope is to someday publish all of my blogging from the past few years into those cute books you can buy online, so we have a hardcopy to keep.  :)

Maverick loves "chicken" or "kickin" trees!  (Christmas trees)  Also, as we drive around town he says "Chicken lights pretty!"

He is a little obsessed with lights, buttons, and doors.  It seems like every 2 minutes he is saying, "Open the door!"  or "Turn on the wight! (light)".  There isn't a way for me to type it, but he says, "Press the button!" so cute...I'll remember when I read it.  :)

When I get home from work, he knows its time to make dinner.  So he 'helps' me by standing next to me and narrates everything I'm doing.  "Make dinner?!  Plug in mikker (mixer)?!  Turn on sink?!  Stove hot!!"

Anytime he hears an airplane fly over he says, "Air-pane up in da sky?  Bye bye air-pane!"

He likes to pull on the antenna of Robbie's Jeep when we walk through the garage and say, "Pantanna!"  Occasionally he'll say it and point to one on another car while we're out driving.

When we're in my Jeep he begs for us to "Open the woof (roof)?  The ky (sky)!!!"  Today he kept asking and I told him it was too cold outside...but for fun I gave in and opened it.  He loved it!  Fussed when I closed it, but I was freezing! :)

Robbie taught him to line up his hotwheels and say, "On your mark, get set, go!"  Now whenever we are at a stoplight he yells, "On mark! GOOOO!"  He also likes to say "Red mean top (stop)"  and "Geen (green) mean GO!"

Ever since the1964 stop-motion "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" was on tv a couple weeks ago, Mav has been obsessed with watching it.  We have it on dvd, so if it were up to him we would just continuously loop it for 24 hrs a day, ha!  He always so pitifully asks to watch it by saying, "Woo-doff?  Woo-doff?" in a sweet little voice.  :)

When we do watch it, he goes on and on through the whole show:  "Chicken town! (Christmas town)", "Dare goesh hish nose! (There goes his nose)", "Wight nose! (light nose!)", "Make toys?", "No-man (snowman)", "No-bake (snowflake)", "No-monster (snow monster)", "Geen-gle bells (jingle bells)". 

He also does the funniest thing when Yukon Cornelius (the prospector--it's sad that I know his name) licks his ice pick/hammer.  Maverick runs to his tool bench and grabs his screwdriver (which he calls 'dewdiver') and licks it with a wry smile on his face.

Mav also likes to refer to lots of things in the third person, especially when its something fun.  He'll say, "Mamick's i-keam-cone! (Maverick's ice cream cone)", "Mamick's bank-it! (blanket)", "Mamick's a-poo-ter (computer)", and "Mamick's tool bock! (tool box)".

What's great is when he repeats stuff he hears me say all the time.  He'll ask to do something, and before I answer he'll say, "Okay. In a minute."  Ha!  Or when our dog Belle wants to go outside he'll say impatiently, "In a minute Belle!" ;)

I love watching him when he talks because you can really see him thinking about how to say words, and put a few words together to make a thought.  Sometimes he gets a little breathy, and has such a serious look on his face to get it all out.  It's so cute.

I guess I could go on and on.  I just don't want to forget all these little things.

Before I  know it, he's going to be writing a high school English paper.

2 comments:

Old Grey Dude... said...

Cool entry!!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful. God is so Good! But, I think your last line needs a little tweaking - something like this: Before I know it, I'll be having to remind him to get his high school English paper done! Ha!