Saturday, December 3, 2011

Our November

Curse you--sleep routine!  Hahaha.  It is 7am on a Saturday.  Everyone in the house is sleeping except for me.  I usually wake up around 5:30a for work everyday and 7am is like the latest my body lets me sleep.  I just toss and turn...so I might as well blog, right?!  :)

Happy December to you!  This month is so fun and exciting!  A little scary, too...because I get one more year closer to 30.  Eesh.  30 looks so old in print!  Ha!

Since I've haven't been able to blog as much, this will be a catch-all November post.  I just went through my November 2011 uploaded photos folder, chronologically, and picked some cute ones.  :)

Mav thinks the flash on my camera is the most hilarious thing ever, ha!  I luuuuuuuuuve his expression in this pic! He looks so much older...like it could be a 7th birthday smile or something.  It is beyond amazing to watch Maverick grow. :) 

I love so many things about this next picture.  This was first thing in the morning, and he ran to his little table to play cars...priorities!  I remember buying that little red table at a church garage sale when I was pregnant with him.  The cars on the table are mine from when I was little. 

The green chair is extra special to me.  Starting when I was just a little older than Mav, my Mee Maw (great grandmother) would let me "help" her wind up her cuckoo clock.  She bought it in Europe (on one of her many world trips) and I just was completely fascinated by it in every way.  She would pull over that little green chair for me to stand on, so that I could pull on the little girl swinging at the bottom to start the clock after she wound it.

  When my Grandpa Lee past away (her son), I inherited that little green chair and cuckoo clock.  The clock is hanging in our spare room (but we never found the key to wind it up).  And the little green chair is perfect size for Mav to use.  It is pretty old, since it was my grandpa's childhood chair.  But sturdy as ever.  My only apprehension is that I might need to strip the paint...I'm afraid it might be lead paint.  I wonder if there is a way to tell?


A couple weeks ago on a boring Sunday afternoon, we decided to go on an impromptu frolic in Forest Park.  This time of year you never know when it's going to be the last sunny day for a few months, so we didn't want to waste it.  (Since then, the weather has turned really cold).  Forest Park is the most amazing place ever.  I've been to Central Park in New York...and Forest Park is way better. :)

We decided to meander around the World's Fair Pavilion and the Boathouse.
We almost got married at the Pavilion, but there was much more cost in having to set up everything there since its pretty much bare on the inside.  The art gallery/train foundry where we got married already had everything, and was awesomely beautiful & historic, too. :)


My handsome little guy.
(I've received a ton of compliments on the shirt...we got it on sale from Children's Place.  Such a funny face, ha!)


Taking a break half-way up.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of stairs...until you start climbing them.
Belle wears her pack when we take her out, so that she feels like she is "working".  When she has it on, she is SO obedient and stays right with us.  Otherwise she would've been almost to Illinois, ha!


At the very top!


I love my boys!


This was taken on Thanksgiving day, at Robbie's parents' house.  Maverick has at least 2 cars in his hands 24 hours a day.  :)


Getting ready to eat Thanksgiving meal!  Maverick stopped using highchairs long ago because he is advanced stubborn.  He doesn't even like booster seats.  Sometimes I wish he would still sit in one, but it's probably a good thing he rocks the big chair by himself.


We had a mini-birthday celebration for Mav on Thanksgiving, and one of his gifts came in this bag. :)
Okay, okay...Noa is one of the best gifts ever...but he was just playing in it.  He is such a handsome little guy, and it is so great to watch his personality grow too. 


Maverick and his Aunt Robyn (my sister).  Mav was pretty worn out by the second Thanksgiving meal that day...but we had lots of fun!


Mav's 2nd Birthday "watch me grow" photo.  I can't believe I've kept up with it for 2 years!  I am so glad that I did.  Even though it has been so challenging to get that child to sit still for a few photos, ha!  If we are ever blessed to have another child, I definitely want to do it with them too.


I know I've said it before, but it is truly amazing to watch a little bundle of blankets turn into a little person.  Mav's vocabulary has exploded, and it is so great to hear him use 2-3 sentences at once.  Plus, the things he says are just hilarious.  You always wonder what your baby is thinking, and its so fun to actually hear it now. 

When he talks to Robbie on the phone he talks to him about the "vacuum cleaner and washing machine going around and round".  The not-so-funny thing he is always saying right now is "mine!".  He usually screams it when I'm trying to clean his toys up, ha!

Thanks for sticking around to the end of this post, it was a long one!  There is a certain little boy talking in the monitor now...so off we go to start our Saturday!

No comments: