Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Wonderful Day!

...from start to end!

Today is my 28th birthday. (I started writing this on the 27th, ha!)  I'm already trying to convince myself I'm old, that way 30 doesn't seem so bad, ha!  This has been a wonderfully great birthday.  No super crazy presents or big parties, just wonderful time with my family--which is the best gift ever!

First, God gave me a fantastic scene outside my window:

His gift was this beautiful snowfall!  Just enough to make everything nicely coated, but not enough to be a hassle.  In fact, most of it was gone in a few hours.

Robbie had these beautiful roses and my favorite breakfast (biscuits and gravy) on the table for me.  So sweet! :)


Pretty soon I had 2 beggars lingering around my breakfast food...


Oh Belle.


And this little guy.  His new thing is making that face when I get my camera out.  He turns his head and gives this sly grin, ha! 

The rest of the day was filled with having fun in Mav's new tent.  His great Aunt Ginny gave him this tent/tunnel combo...and now we can't get him out of it.  Ever.


This picture describes his every moment in the tent, ha!


Everything goes in the tent.
Everyone goes in the tent.
Even Belle.

The forts are just going to get bigger as Mav gets bigger.  :)


Later on Robbie took me out for one of my most favorite dinners: sushi!  It's funny, because I used to hate fish.  Wouldn't even think about going near sushi.  Eventually Robbie got me to try a veggie roll...and then one day I was brave enough to try a salmon roll and haven't looked back since.  I love to try all kinds of sushi now!  Last night we were adventurous and ordered white tail and salmon roe--and it was disgusting!  It was like eating pure salt.  (They are the two rolls all the way to the right)

The lighting was dim, and I didn't want to use a flash...so its sort of a bad picture.  We ordered WAY too much!  We were starving...and still ended up with about 4 pieces left.  Funny how those little things fill you up so quick!


Such a wonderful birthday, I'm so blessed with the best family ever! :)


1 comment:

Already 30, then some... said...

Maybe I'll be able to get you to put your own worms on your hooks when we go fish'n now... since you now like "fish"...