Monday, July 11, 2011

Too Hot!

Oh my goodness.  It is hotter than -h-e-doublehockeysticks- outside!!!  This was the thermometer in my Jeep about noon today:


Which wouldn't be so bad if I lived in Arizona or something.  But I live in the midwest.  Where you chew the humidity in the air.  So even sitting in the shade is pointless because your sweat cannot evaporate.  Ugh.

So I decided to take Mav to the indoor playground at the mall today, and we had a special visitor: Nana!  It was the first time she has gone with us, and it was a lot of fun.  She even splurged a dollar so that Mav could experience the rides on the other side of the escalator. (until now Mav didn't know those moved, ha ha!)

I do have to say that I am very proud of how my son interacts with other kiddos at the park/playground.  He is very polite, never shoves or yells.  In fact, he tends to avoid confrontation altogether.  He likes to find a buddy or two to play with, its very cute!  I hope that it never changes...but we'll see. :)

We also had a lot of fun playing with some homemade density tubes that I brought home from work.  By the way, these are a super cheap and super fun science lesson!  All you have to do is fill a bottle (with cap) halfway full of water colored with food dye, and the other half with vegetable oil.  Add some pieces of alka-seltzer tablets--and you get a lava lamp effect!  When its all done bubbling, screw on the cap and enjoy watching the oil & water separate.  (I glued my caps on since Mav likes to unscrew them...and I added glitter!!!)

Robbie STILL has my camera at work.
This is not my photo. Courtesy: Blue Fruit Design Blog
Late afternoon was spent with a pretty fantastic dance party in the living room.  I pulled up iTunes on the computer and Mav went to town running in circles, jumping, and clapping for almost an hour straight, ha ha!  We enjoyed some Johnny Cash and Dixie Chicks (pre-political turmoil).  I guess this hot weather called for some boot-scootin' music.

Courtesy: http://www.bludshot.com/
 
Courtesy: uulyrics.com
Playing and dancing to music in the living room reminds me of great memories I had when I was younger.  My dad would dust off his 8-tracks and play ABBA and Queen for me, and I would bop around the room all day.  So much fun! :)

By the way--is my toddler the only toddler in the universe to stop taking naps at 19 months?!!  Oh my goodness.  The past few days have been awful around here because Mr. so-and-so refuses to take a nap.  I've even tried the special car trick, and the nap with mom on the couch trick.  Nada.

Please tell me he is not done with naps?!  Agh!
  
It's actually not so bad at all...until about 8pm.  Then the child gets SO cranky.  Eeek.

Anyways, so Mr. Crabby-pants and I ended the evening at my parents house enjoying yummy dinner, yummy ice cream, and the Home Run Derby.  (Robbie had to work late...benefit #428 of parents living in your subdivision)

I'm ready for bed!

No comments: