Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cardinals Game!

Okay, so I might not ever get around to the Explodapalooza photos...or the zoo photos...ha ha!

That's what I get for slacking off.

Well...I wouldn't say slacking off.  We've been too busy for slacking off!

This weekend my cousin-in-law (I suppose that title exists, right?) visited from Florida and we had a lot of family fun!  I had to steal her pictures from FB since Robbie had to take our camera to work again.  Thanks Sarah for the photos!

Friday night we went to the Cardinals game!
I was SO excited to take Mav to his first game this season--he's already been to 5 or 6 games but those were all last season when he was too little to really care.  Actually, Robbie and I could've taken him a couple times this year but it was either the weather or something that would've made it sort of miserable for him.

(Papa, Sarah, Nana, Mav, Me, Jon & Noa, Johanna)
This is a fantastic photo...except Robbie is missing. :( 
He had to work late, and I felt so awful that he couldn't go.
(side note: Isn't this a great shot? I suppose the Busch stadium folks get good at taking pictures, ha!)

This game was also exciting because it was my nephew Noa's first game ever!!
He is 5 months old--perfect age for his introduction to our family heritage.

I got a pretty good workout carrying a 30 lb toddler all over the city, ha ha!

Isn't it funny how your kids always prove you wrong?
I totally thought Mav would be terrified of Fredbird.
Wrong!
(He must have been familiarized from his Cardinals ABC book)

He  L-O-V-E-D  Fredbird!
We couldn't get him to look at the camera because he was so enamored.

Even after we walked away, he kept running up to him for a high-five.
It was awesome!

For the most part, Maverick loved everything about the ballpark.  He would often just be so glazed over from all the sights and sounds.  It was precious.  I can't wait until we can sit there and talk strategy and Cardinals history.  We love our Redbirds!

About the 4th inning he was getting pretty antsy, so Mav and I walked all over the place.  He kept saying "bah-eh-ball" and pointing to the field.  Also, he kept getting compliments on his jersey (thank you Rachel!).

I think his favorite thing (besides Fredbird) was the giant scoreboard screen.  We tried getting him to eat cotton candy (yep, you read that right!) but he was too weirded out by it I guess.  But he enjoyed peanuts by the hand full!

I'm pretty sure Nana and Papa were in heaven being at the game with their two grandsons!  As you can tell by the flushed faces though, it was HOT.  And HUMID.  And SWEATY.

Both Mav and Noa did SO good considering it was pretty miserable outside.  But I think they were both too concerned about the awesomeness of the game to care. ;)

The Cards ended up losing a come-back-from-behind-nail-biter.
But if you ask me, I'd say it was a winner! 

No comments: