Saturday, July 23, 2011

Huge Catch-Up!

Whew! Barely made it home from my parents' house (which is about 4 streets over) without the awesome Elmo & Curious George cupcakes melting! My dad surprised Mav with some deeeeelicious cupcakes this morning, yum!
Well, from the looks of it they melted a bit...George and Elmo are sliding off, ha!
It seriously needs to start cooling down. I like how the weather guy said, "A cool down is coming Monday." A cool down from 110 to 92 degrees...hey, I'll take it! I guess I shouldn't complain though, and really count my blessings that I have a house with air conditioning...because there are many that don't.

Our beautiful and awesome dog, Belle, only takes about 4 steps outside to go potty.  Then its a sprint back inside!  Every summer she blows her coat continuously until about October.  It is a HUGE pain.  But she's worth it. :)

I have to vacuum at least once a day, but the past couple weeks it's been two (or more!) times a day.  It's not that I'm a neat freak...take a look for yourself:


I can't believe I'm letting the entire world see my messy carpet, ha ha!  But this is what our carpet looks like at the end of EVERY day.  That's why we had to invest in a Dyson vacuum.  We've gone through 3 vacuums in 4 years, so it was time to invest in something that could handle Belle's fur.

If you have an animal that is genetically engineered to thrive in Siberia's worst winters, and live in a seasonal climate...buy a Dyson Animal! :)

Some new stuff in the land of Mav's coloring to report.  First, it is crucial to make sure ALL crayons (even the little bits) are all accounted for and put out of reach when not supervised, ha!  Let's see...he's colored a wall, a couple books, a truck, our table top, inside of a cabinet, and a wooden puzzle.  Fortunately most of it was able to be removed.

He will also hand me a crayon and want me to draw a shape for him to color in.  It's pretty hilarious when I draw a shape that he doesn't like.  He'll just hand the crayon back, ha!  I also made some coloring sheets for him: 
I drew some originals, and then made copies.  Don't laugh at my car, ha ha!
Not that its a huge deal at all, but I like to balance coloring sheets with blank paper so he can expand his imagination. But the way I see it:  Mav likes to color my shapes in, and he asked for it on his own. :)

I'm also excited about these!  Every summer at work, we have a tie-dye day.  I remember last summer I made a onesie for Mav.  (sniffle sniffle!)  This year I made size 2T shirts. :)

One of the most wonderful things about my work (besides all the awesome people) is sometimes scoring free kids stuff.  Granted, it's very used kids stuff.  But new to Maverick! :)

I walked this little couch in the door yesterday, and Mav covered his mouth with his hands and squealed!  Then he ran around in circles, and jumped on it.  Christmas should be exciting this year, ha!

 Too many excited and cute faces!

My work has furnished quite the playroom for Maverick.
Not the toys, but this cute little shelf.
 And this cute little kitchen. (Boys can pretend cook too!)
 And this cute little tool bench with working sander and jigsaw.


 The Mav has really been into his trucks lately.  He likes to drive them around, then rearrange their parking order a bazillion times. 
 He also loves to spin all the wheels. :)
It's also pretty funny how he says, "Buck! Buck!" when he plays with them or sees them in real life.  A firetruck pulled up next to us at a stoplight, and Mav was shouting, "BUCK!" to them.  At least he's using a B instead of an F, ha ha!

Oh, and I finally took a picture of the homemade density bottles that are so much fun to play with!  Half vegetable oil and half food-colored water...maybe some glitter too.  I also recommend glueing the caps on, ha!

Okay, that should be enough updating to last a few days.  Going to enjoy some Netflix for the rest of Mav's nap!

1 comment:

Old Dude... said...

I knew someday he was going to be a great hunter!!!!