Thursday, May 27, 2010

Our 3rd Anniversary and Maverick is 6 months!!

May 26, 2010 was a festive day in our house! First, it's mine and Robbie's 3rd wedding anniversary. It seems like our wedding was SO long ago! I was thinking about all the life that has been lived in just 3 short years, and how blessed we are. We bought our first home 5 months after our wedding, we adopted our sweet dog Belle a couple months after that, and of course the excitement of welcoming our son into the world last November. Even thinking about little things (well, not that little as it took a LOT of work) like how much our house has changed--new fence, removed a huge tree and some landscaping, wall removed, preparing a nursery, etc. I wonder what will come in the next 3 years?!

For whatever reason, I distinctly remember thinking while I was in the hospital right after having Maverick that he would be 1/2 year old on our anniversary. At the time, it seemed like years in the future! How can my sweet baby already be halfway to his first birthday?!

Here is a look at Maverick at 6 months, compared to his 4 month photos:




-I weigh 18 lb 3 oz (75%), and my height is 27.5 inches (90%)
-I wear size 2-3 diapers and 6-9 month clothes
-I'm pretty much too big for my bouncy seat as I like to roll over and try to get out of it.
-As you can see, I can sit all by myself!! I even like to grab for objects to play with while I'm sitting.




-I laugh ALL the time and I love to practice my vowel sounds, I even like to practice my volume by screaming randomly. Ha!
-My favorite toy is a plastic cup and straw from any restaraunt.
-I love to play with textures like wax paper, paper grocery bags, and crinkly plastic wrapping.




-I eat 1 to 2 helpings of veggies a day, and carrots are my favorite.
-I like sitting in my high chair because I can kick my legs against the table and slam my hands on the tray.
- I LOVE to splash during my baths. I get mommy SOAKED with water now that I know how to use my hands and feet to splash.



-I'm best friends with my dog Belle. I like to pet her and reach for her face, and she doesn't mind one bit! Belle even likes to lay next to me without me asking.
-I love just playing around with mom & dad, they make me laugh all the time!



-Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! Love, Maverick

No comments: