Sunday, May 23, 2010

I wish Sundays lasted forever!

What is it about a nap on Sundays that makes them better than a nap any other day of the week?

Maybe it's because I feel like I'm starting off the week refreshed and full. Sunday afternoons are wonderfully lazy around our house. Even Maverick seems to get the idea that Sundays are for chilling out.

Maverick and I played hooky from church this morning. Despite the fact that we were up 3 hours before church started, we accidentally overslept. How does one do that you say?!

After Mav's breakfast we played on the carpet for a while, and then I got up to start his bath. When I came back Maverick was steadfast asleep. I jiggled his arms and picked him up, but the snoring continued. So I laid down next to him and before we knew it Robbie was waking me up saying we were late. Oh well. Sometimes you just need rest. :)

Robbie got ready in a super hurry and went to church. He works the lights and stuff for the service and he walked in literally a minute before the service started. Ha!

Looks like spring is over around here. That always seems to happen here in St. Louis--one day it's a cool 65 degrees and then the brick wall of summer heat and humidity slams into you the next day and lasts for a couple months.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments: