Sunday, May 16, 2010

Carrot Face

Maverick has really been liking his veggies. Well, the few veggies I've started him with anyways. I've been sticking with the more sweet veggies like carrots, sweet potatoes, and squash. Mav's favorite so far has been the orange squash.

This is what happens when you let Maverick feed himself carrots.



He gets so excited and hungry for the next spoonfull that he grabs the spoon with a death grip, which ends up flinging most of it everywhere except his mouth. By this point, I gave up trying to get it in his stomach and grabbed the camera. :)




Maverick's hair is pretty full & thick now, but its a lot lighter than what I was expecting before he was born. I thought he'd have darker brown hair. He must take after Robbie in that department (what's new). Robbie had pretty light hair when he was a baby.



During and after bathtime his hair is so long, he can sport a mohawk. As soon as it dries its too fine to stay sticking up. Maybe soon I will try a little hair gel. Ha ha!




Maverick has been going to the church nursery almost every Sunday now. We can usually make it through the worship music...but then he gets to be giggling and screeching too loud to stay. I know I should just leave him there, but I end up staying with him the whole time in the nursery.

It's not that I don't feel comfortable leaving him with someone else. All our nursery ladies are awesome. It's just that he is the only baby and the rest of the room is filled with toddlers who can get a bit crazy. (we go to a small church so we split our kiddos into 2 classrooms: birth-5 and school age)

Anyways, today Maverick "made" his first church craft. I put the paper hearts in his fingers and then guided his hands to where I put the glue on the paper. I know its not his official first craft...but it's probably going in the keepsake box anyways. :)

1 comment:

Old Dude said...

The caption under the first picture should state "who me, I haven't been eating carrots"... you'll understand later.