Friday, May 14, 2010

Maverick's first Cardinals game!!

This week we got to take Maverick to his first Cardinals game. I've been looking forward to this since I was pregnant! Boy or girl, our kid was gonna be raised right!


(Robbie, Me & Mav, Grandma and Grandpa in front of the Bob Gibson statue)

Cardinals baseball is such a wonderful family tradition for us. Both Robbie and I grew up with families that love baseball, and especially our Redbirds. It really is wonderful that we live in baseball heaven. I've been to New York, Chicago, and other places--and nowhere else does it like St. Louis!!

I can't even begin to write about all the awesome memories I have from Cardinals baseball. Everything from camping outside Busch stadium for playoff tickets to my "3rd inning nachos" ritual. There is just something indescribable about being a part of something so special with your family.

Before we left my dad had a gift for Maverick. He couldn't find a shirt that said "My 1st Cardinal game" so he customized this one:

This is definitely going in his keepsake box!

I took a gazillion pictures that night and I wish I could share them all. These are some of my favorites.

Daddy and Son watching the game together.



I sat on the end seat and I'm not trying to brag, but everyone that walked by had to stop and say how cute Maverick was. And the 2 ushers in that section kept saying how awesome he was doing in comparison to all the other babies they see there.

Maverick was SO good during the game. It was like he was actually watching.



I can't wait to watch him learn the sport as he grows up. Between me, Robbie and both our sets of parents--Maverick will get quite the baseball education! It will also be more fun to take him when he's old enough to enjoy the "3rd inning nachos" and a bag of cotton candy.

1 comment:

Old Dude said...

Cool!!! Nice pics and go cardinals!!!