Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Wonderful Milestone

These aren't the pictures from tonight, but I didn't have any other pics with Maverick and his new favorite thing.

Maverick LOVES plastic cups and straws.



LOVES them. A lot.



He sees them sitting on a table or counter across the room and he grunts and squeals until he can get his itty bitty hands on one.



His first Cardinals game--thoroughly distracted by my Dad's cup. Ha!



Tonight I had Mav on my lap while sipping out of my QT soda cup. (This is becoming more difficult in proximity of Mav because he grabs for it, and I end up stabbing the roof of my mouth with the straw)

I began lifting the straw up and out of the cup, through the lid hole and it made that peculiar sound (kinda sounds like a seal barking?!). And Maverick began laughing HYSTERICALLY!

This was the first time he was laughing at someTHING, not just tickle time. It was so hilarious and awesome.

I put him down, and tried it again a few minutes later...and he started belly laughing again! And after Robbie came inside after mowing the lawn, he still thought the straw noise was hilarious. These are the times I wish I had a video camera.

My kid, the lover of straws and cups! :)

1 comment:

Old Dude... said...

At least now I know what I can get him for his birthday...