Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Good news all around!

This past weekend Robbie and I volunteered for the "Saturday Jubilee" food drive. The goal of the food drive was to replenish all the local food pantries, because for the first time ever they had to start turning people away. Most of these people are families who find themselves in this tough situation for the first time. So many local churches and non-profit organizations got together to accomplish the Saturday Jubilee.

There is not a better way to describe what happened than to watch this video:


How amazing was that?? I sat outside a local grocery store to collect non-perishable food and cash donations, and the thing that blessed me the most was watching people give who they themselves were unemployed or struggling financially. It was cool to strike up conversations with people about how they wanted to "pay it forward" because others had given to them.

In other good news (maybe not as impactful) Robbie felt the baby move for the first time last night!! I've been trying to get him to feel the baby for a few weeks now, but it never failed--every time Robbie put his hand on my tummy the baby stopped moving. So I enlisted the advice of some mommies to try to make it happen.

Robbie's mom said that she craved Fudgesicles while pregnant with Robbie, and she used to poke him with the stick to get him to move. (Robbie of course blamed all of his life problems on this) So we tried this same method, and it worked!! It was quite ticklish for me, and apparently for the baby because it kicked (or punched?) my belly button really hard while Robbie had his hand on my tummy. Yay!

1 comment:

Old grey one said...

Cool cool!!!!! Great new all around