Thursday, August 6, 2009

Is the baby a Ruby or a Maverick?

Robbie and I went to the doctor yesterday, and we got our first ultrasound done. A couple suprises awaited us. First, my intuition about how far along I am in my pregnancy was correct. I always had a feeling I wasn't quite as far along as the doc originally said. The ultrasound showed that I'm actually about 21 weeks, which means the due date moved from December 1st to the 10th. But really, babies like to make their own plans so it very well could be Dec. 1st. :)

Second, we really wanted to find out the gender. Until now we've nicknamed the baby Rubick--a combination of Ruby and Maverick. Ruby Mae for a girl, and Maverick William for a boy.

As soon as the sonographer put the wand on my belly she said, "Are you sure you want to find out? Because it's the first thing that popped up on the screen!" We told her we reeeeeeeally wanted to know and she pointed to the screen and said, "What do you think that is?"

Cue dramatic music:

I would like to introduce our son, Maverick William.

So that's when reality set in. I'm going to have a son. It is almost too much for my brain to process!

It was really crazy to feel him move and simultaneously see him move on the screen. He was also really squirmy during the ultrasound, so much so it was hard for the sonographer to take "pictures" fast enough. I guess I shouldn't have had the burrito for breakfast.

Here are some more pictures to enjoy. I can't stop looking at them...

The sonographer said that his face would look like "skeletor" and she wasn't kidding!


Someday those little feet will be running around the house getting into trouble.


This is an amazing shot of his leg. Such a clear picture of all his leg bones.


At one point he actually had his foot in his mouth, and this is a shot of him sucking his thumb.


I wish that we could have captured video of this. We watched all 4 chambers of his heart beating.


Can't wait to have you here Maverick!

No comments: