Friday, August 21, 2009

Life of Maverick: week 25-ish!

So I know I just posted a blog blurb. But when I saw the picture of me in my Cardinals maternity shirt, it reminded me that I haven't posted a "belly pic" in a while on the blog.

This was taken last week or so. I'm currently 24-25 weeks preggo.


Maverick has been moving more and more everyday, and I can't get enough of it. There is just something so reassuring when I feel him doing what feels like karate chops on my innards. :) When I was first feeling movement it felt like tiny muscle flinches, or sometimes gas bubbles. Now, the only way I can describe it is that it feels like someone is poking you with a stick...but from the inside. Also, it used to be in just one spot. Now I sometimes feel pokes in two places, at the same time.

The really cool/very freaky thing that has recently begun is actually watching my stomach move when he moves. I was resting a book on my tummy while reading, and it actually moved when he kicked it. Crazy! Robbie was super freaked out when he was talking to Maverick and he saw my stomach move in response. How awesome is that?!

The past couple of days my stomach has felt so full and hard that I don't know how it is going to grow for 3 1/2 more months without exploding! I have to put cocoa butter on my tummy because my skin actually hurts sometimes. And I often wake up in the middle of the night with "round ligament pain" in my abdomen. But it is all worth it, and I love it. I feel so blessed and praise God for allowing me to experience this.

No comments: