Friday, August 21, 2009

It's lookin' like a good October!

So, you wouldn't know it by our blog, but we are HUGE baseball fans. (I'm trying to remedy this!) Baseball is the most glorious and sacred element to our history, specifically St. Louis Cardinals baseball. It has been such an epic part of both mine and Robbie's lives. Our families are bonded together by God and Cardinals baseball. :)

Okay enough of the cheesy sentiments, but here's just a glimpse of what I'm talking about. My wonderful family and friends threw me a Cardinals baseball theme wedding shower. Someone made these hats for Robbie and I! Awesome!!



Now, to my original inspiration for writing. I am highly in danger of jinxing our beloved Redbirds, but I feel that if USA Today already printed it then it should be okay. :) An article published today has predicted the Cards will be in the World Series this year...something we've all been feeling the past couple of weeks. Sure there is about a month left in the season, but barring catastrophe, we should make the playoffs. Woooo hoooo!! The Cardinals are doing what they do best, and that is win. I'm hoping that the addition of John Smoltz will add another spark to our victory drive.

Post-season Cardinals baseball is a culture like none other. As a fan of the entire sport of baseball, I've enjoyed traveling to other stadiums like New York and Chicago. But nothing even compares to Busch Stadium in October. This brings back fond memories of sleeping outside the stadium for playoff tickets. (Back when they let you. Now it's all online)

Maverick is already prepared to be baptized into Cardinal nation. :) My first maternity shirt I ever wore read, "Future Fan" on the belly:


Tonight the air is very cool, crisp, and autumn-like. Breathing it in makes me excited for a Red October!

No comments: