Sunday, February 19, 2012

Great Start

It's probably a good thing that I am horrible about blogging daily, because any time that I bring my camera with me for the day I take a gazillion pictures!  And our hard drive is almost full as it is, ha!  Today was my first full day of vacation, and it started out pretty ho-hum.  Robbie actually had to work one more day today, so it was just me and The Mav (to start).  Not knowing where we'd end up, I packed a bag for the day and set out.  We ended up having an awesome day!  Sorry for the picture overload.

Mav is finally starting to like wearing sunglasses and a hat, fun!  It's a good thing too, his hair is getting pretty crazy.

Although he prefers to wear his sunglasses like a stethoscope.  It's progress...  :)


Mav and I ended up down on Main Street to start.  It was actually rather chilly, but Mav didn't seem to mind.

He was pretty fascinated by all the bricks around town.  He kept saying, "Build it together?!"


 This is just because I love his squishy cheeks so much. :)


Checking on his shadow, you know--making sure it's still with him.


Mav literally had to try out every bench we passed.  Every bench.


Melt my heart! :)


My perspective all morning...so sweet!


"Fix it! Fix it!"


Saying howdy to Daniel Boone.


Mav was fascinated by those little sticker balls all morning.  Except he kept calling them pine cones, ha!  He loved stepping on them, then throwing them...which would often hit someone walking by...oops!


We walked by this building a few times, and every time Mav would stare at those little windows and call it a dog house.  Umm, okay?  Ha!


Another bench to sit on.  Except this time Mav spied a hidden treasure.
A tennis ball!!!


This is what the rest of our walk looked like.


The only way I could get him to keep walking, was to have him throw the ball to me and then I would lure him along. 


This was the last bench before we got back to our car.  I just love this picture, everything about it is so cute.  Just over my shoulder where Mav is looking, there was a photographer doing a maternity session with a couple.  The dad-to-be kept looking over at Mav with sort of a "longing smile" on his face.  I'd like to think that they probably have a boy on the way. :)


As I was driving back from our walk, my sister called to see if we wanted to hang.  Of course!  We ended up going out for chinese/sushi buffet, woo hoo!  As soon as you walk in, there is a big koi pond with all sorts of fascinating water wheels, floating marbles, clams with smoke, and trinkets tucked into small places.  Mav was in heaven!


The cuisine was pretty tasty!  I mostly enjoyed sushi, with a little bit of chicken and rice.  Okay, if you are the least bit squeamish--skip over this photo!! 

My father decided to try the octopus.  Yep.  Octopus.  Tentacles and all. (shudder!!)

I'm (sort of) used to the fried calamari Robbie eats because at least the breading sort of disguises it.  Watching my dad eat this was stomach churning.  Although, it was pretty funny when he held it above his lip as a mustache, ha!


Mav was already pretty fussy from being tired, so I didn't force him to eat something out of his comfort zone.  So he dined on pizza.  With chopsticks.


To the delight of Mav, the fun was not over yet!  We stopped by the playground after the Asian buffet.  Can you tell he was excited?!


This was the first time Mav rode the seesaw thingy.  He loved, loved, loved it!


He kept saying, "Up in the sky! Up in the sky!"


One of Mav's favorite things to do on the playground--the rings!


Mav loved being pushed by Grandpa!


Love this one. :)


And if ALL of that wasn't enough fun, we went back to Grandma & Grandpa's house where Grandpa took Mav outside to play soccer!  Mav had a blast!


Whew!  I'm exhausted from re-living it, ha!  Mav took a short nap during the car ride to pick Robbie up from work and then we went out shoe shopping for Robbie and I.  Besides walking/running throughout the entire mall trip, Mav also played in the indoor playground for a half hour.  No worries about getting his exercise today!

Needless to say, he was conked out right after his bath.

Not much on the agenda tomorrow.  (Although that is how today started, ha!)  Church and then I'm watching the Season 2 finale of Downton Abbey with my SIL and MIL in the evening--so exciting!!  And sad, since it will be a while until Season 3 airs.  There is a strict no talking rule while it's on...and there are no commercials...and it's 2 hours long!  I might need to write notes so I don't forget anything I want to say later. :)

Monday we're having a baseball park theme dinner with my parents to celebrate the first official day of spring training, woo hoo!

I love vacation!

2 comments:

Older Soccer Player... said...

Just gotta ask if you camera survived the tennis ball hit????

Jenni and Robbie said...

Oh yes! It has survived a toddler playing with it too, ha ha!