Thursday, June 24, 2010

Father's Day Fun

On Sunday we celebrated Father's day with my side of the family at Sonic. Here in St. Louis there is a deal that whenever one of our Cardinals hits a home run, the Sonic Blast (like a concrete, or blizzard) is only $1.00!! (not that we wanted to take my dad on a cheap date, ha ha!)

Maverick gave his Grandpa his very own card, traced his hand in it and everything! I love this picture! :)





Maverick drooling over Grandma's shake.



As you might remember, Mav has an obsession with cups and straws. So when my dad ordered the Route 66 size strawberry lemonade, Maverick couldn't let the giant cup (as big as him!) out of his sight!




I think this is a good shot of what I think Mav will look like when he is like 6 or 7 years old...


On the way to Sonic I was so glad I had my camera. Way back in high school a project in my science class fueled my love for weather, and began my love of photography. It was a cloud spotting project in which we had to photograph different types of clouds and record various info. The weather geek that I am, I went WAY overboard on the project. My teacher kept it as an example, ha! I'm such a nerd. Anyways--this is a textbook perfect shot of a beautiful mature super cell thunderstorm. Perfect flanking line to the southwest corner and overshooting top. It's been a while since I chased storms...I miss it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, are you saying that when Mav is 6 or 7, he will still be wearing a binky on his shirt? ha-ha. He is really getting to be a big boy!

Jenni and Robbie said...

Let's hope he isn't still wearing a binky by then, ha ha! Hopefully he will be wearing a Johnny Cash shirt though. That onesie says "Johnny Cash: Crawl the Line".