Friday, February 5, 2010

Show Us Your Life Friday...err...Saturday

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Okay, so this week's topic is "Beauty Tips and Favorite Products".

Altogether now, "YIKES!!!"

Wow. So I literally don't have much to contribute to this topic. I almost never, ever, ever wear make-up...let alone have some sort of beauty regimen to report. In fact--I was just celebrating Friday morning the fact that I actually got a shower before I went to work! I usually have to get a shower at night when the kiddo goes to bed. Friday morning Maverick woke up 45 minutes earlier than usual, so I just stayed awake and showered before I left at 6:30 am.

Even before Maverick came along, I didn't have what some might call a "girly getting ready routine". Make-up makes a rare appearance for special occasions. I would love to wear it more, and I think it to be quite lovely. I'm just not confident enough in my make-up techniques and knowledge. Plus, I choose to sleep in longer!

It's also kinda embarrassing to mention that I haven't gotten my haircut in a YEAR! Well, a year in March. Isn't that just awful???? Not even a trim. It's actually kinda funny that the last time I got my haircut by scissors was when I was newly pregnant (but didn't know yet). I specifically remember getting up early to work on seeding our lawn with grass seed, and then feeling like I needed to freshen myself up a bit with a new 'do.

During my pregnancy my hair was awwwwwwwwwesome. It was so full, thick, and shiny. That's probably why I didn't get it cut, because it was so gorgeous. Now it literally comes out in clumps. Like, huge clumps. They weren't kidding when they say your hair falls out after the baby is born. It's sort of traumatic seeing all that hair fall out in the amounts that it does. I've heard it's because of the change in hormones, plus the body is getting rid of all the hair you didn't shed during the pregnancy. Such a shame!

I suppose the only "beauty tip" I have is my chapstick obsession. I NEED chapstick. Even when it's 110% humidity outside. But now it's crucial for me to make sure I have at least one stick in all my pants pockets since it's winter. My favorite is the good 'ol ChapStick brand with the extra moisturizer and SPF 15. However the Burt's Bees is wonderful too.

Oh yeah, I just thought of another regimen that I have. I use the most amazing skin lotion ever, after every shower--but before I open the door and let all the moisture out of the room. It is from Restoration Hardware (the most amazing furniture store. EVER.) I use the original scent because it has a very fresh aroma, but they have lots of other scents. I don't know of any other lotion or cream that hydrates skin as well as this does, or as long as it does.


Last but not least, I definitely use sunscreen a lot more now. I basically grew up on the softball field and in the swimming pool. I have the freckles and moles on my arms, legs, and back to prove it now; and my face I think has some sun damage. I naturally get pretty dark, but I try to avoid it now by lathering up when I know I'm gonna be out in the sun for more than a few hours.

Hmmm...I guess I had something to contribute after all!

1 comment:

Old Dude said...

I hope you had to take a picture of the chapstick, and didn't have it in your library of pictures. And I am glad to see you are still drug free with the use of your super hand cream. It probably won't work well otherwise...