Saturday, February 13, 2010

Maverick's First Roll!

Yesterday morning during tummy time, Maverick hit a big milestone: he rolled over all by himself for the first time!

I was completely surprised (and so was he) because until now I've kinda been rolling him over myself just so he could kinda get a feel for it. He is only 2 1/2 months, so I was expecting him to not be able to roll for another month or so.

The really funny thing is that Robbie and I were just talking not even 10 minutes before it happened about how we need a video camera because Mav is at the stage where he's doing tons of new things. So it's the regular camera for now. Don't get me wrong, I love my regular camera. Its a Canon Rebel XTI and I have an additional lens for it which makes it fun to feed my weather/nature photography habit.

I happened to grab the camera because I noticed that Maverick was holding his head up higher than he ever had before. So I was snapping away when he rolled from his tummy to his back.





He did it again this morning, so it wasn't a fluke thing like I thought it might be. My little Mav is growin' up! :) He is also really starting to grab things like toys, but his favorite thing to grab is his shirt. Ha! It's so much fun to literally watch him do new stuff each and every day.

No comments: