Sunday, December 27, 2009

Maverick's 1st Christmas...and My Life in Pictures

Being only 1 month old, Maverick didn't quite have the holiday buzz. But it was awesome to have our first Christmas with our son!


We hope everyone out there in Bloggy land had a wonderful time with their families too!!


Today, December 27th, is my birthday...and I'm now closer to 30 than 20. Okay, so I'm 26. :)

This birthday has been wonderful. I got to hang out with the coolest people in the world--my family. And eat LOTS of ice cream cake (my faaaaaavorite!). There was ice cream cake awaiting for me at both my parents' house and Robbie's parents' house!!

Plus, it snowed all day!!

I loooooooove having my birthday 2 days after Christmas. Most people think it would be awful. But I love it. My family has always accomodated a special party separate from Christmas for me. :) And I love that my birthday is smack dab in the middle of the holidays.

Here are some pictures through the years. Have a good laugh!


December 27, 1983: my "birth" day!


Christmas 1985: My sister Stacey is holding me, and my sister Robyn is showing how excited she is to open presents. :)


My sister Robyn and I chilling at Grandma's house. 1987


My preschool picture. 1988


My sister Robyn and I swimming!! I'm in the blue lifejacket, Robyn is in the orange lifejacket. Circa 1994


My 8th grade picture. 1997-1998


My first car. A 1993 Geo Storm. It was awesome!!!!!!!! 2002


Prom, 2002


High School Graduation 2002 with my BFF Rachel. Nevermind the ridiculous face I'm making!!


The infamous picture of all time! The first time Robbie and I danced together, and it was TOTALLY set up by our friends. It was our friends' wedding; both Robbie and I were friends of the bride and groom. Robbie came over and asked for the next dance. Which just happened to be the worst slow song of all time ("I swear" by All 4 One). Just as the music started the ENTIRE dance floor cleared. It was just me and him. And all our friends watching from the sidelines. VERY awkward. But the rest is history. 2003


Our first "real" date. We went to the Fox Theatre and saw "Oliver". 2004


All gussied up for a date with Robbie. 2005


Robbie proposing marriage to me in the Starbucks where we had our first date. I was on my cell phone because Robbie wanted to have one of my favorite bands (Calibretto 13) play for me during the moment. However, the band was broken up by then and the lead singer wasn't able to fly out. So he sang to me over the phone. August 2006


College Graduation, 2007. Bachelor's of Elementary Education, with an emphasis in Middle School Science. Magna Cum Laude from the University of Missouri-St.Louis.


Our Wedding Day: May 26,2007


We bought our first house in the fall of 2007.


We rescued Belle from the Humane Society on December 1st, 2007


Christmas 2008


The day we learned we were going to be parents: April 5th, 2009. I actually had no reason what-so-ever to take a test, and Robbie didn't know I was going to take it. To this day, I still don't know why I took it when I did. We were actually trying NOT to get pregnant; and we didn't know for sure if we could have kids because of Robbie's testicular cancer. You can imagine our suprise when it turned positive!


My first moment as a Mommy. November 26,2009


I've been ridiculously blessed with an amazing life filled with the best family and friends. I don't know how life can get much better, but I'm looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Old dude said...

Pretty cool!!