Saturday, December 12, 2009

Measuring Maverick

So life has been super crazy! I don't even know where to begin, or what to write. Maverick pretty much has me tied to the house 24 hours a day. I am going crazy being inside this much. Maverick's doctor was pretty adamant about not taking him anywhere unless absolutely necessary for a few more weeks since it's the middle of cold and flu season.

You would think being home this much would give me time to write more on the blog. But free time is precious! When I get the chance I don't know whether to load the dishwasher or read a magazine. It's usually spent trying to catch a nap. Cumulatively I'd say I'm getting about 4 hours of sleep each day.

Mostly because Mav has to eat every 2 hours, and then it takes another 30 minutes or so to get him back to sleep. So by the time he is hungry again, I've barely caught a wink.

Going to sleep at night has been harder than I expected. I was ready for the lack of sleep for the usual reasons (the baby is hungry, needs to be changed, etc). But I find that I just cannot relax when Maverick is sleeping. I am constantly waking myself up to make sure he is still breathing. I have to make sure his face isn't covered, and make sure he is on his back (he already likes to turn on his side).

I am really trying to focus on the verse "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6

This verse helps me to take all my fears to God and find comfort that He is watching over Maverick.

I decided to have fun and track Maverick's growth by taking his picture next to his favorite stuffed animal. Well, we've decided it's going to be his favorite because it's a siberian husky just like his "older sister" Belle. This is his one week photo:


Here is the photo I took on his 2 week birthday. He looks longer, and he actually is because at his follow-up doctor appointment he had grown 1/2 inch in 4 days! But he also looks longer cause he is stretching out his anger. :) I tried, but I couldn't get a happy face for this week's picture.


I plan on doing a weekly photo only for his first month. After that I'm just going to take a monthly shot. I'll leave you with a picture of Maverick and his real life husky. Belle loves to sleep on the couch with him.

1 comment:

Lehmansterms said...

The "new mommy" worries get better eventually! I don't know if this is an option for you, but I always looked forward to Thursday and Friday nights because Jeff would take Hannah right after she ate so I could get back to sleep as quickly as possible. I was able to sleep when I knew he was looking after her. :) The sleep deprivation is rough but it gets better!