Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Week 12 Update

Okay, so I saw this mini maternity update on another blog and I thought it was great, so I decided to use it as a weekly update tool.

Week: 12 weeks and 1 day

Belly Button, in or out: Still an innie. I don't suppose the answer to this question will change for quite a while.

Wedding Ring, on or off: Fits better than ever because of all the weight I've lost from puking.

Food cravings: NONE. NONE. NONE. I hate to think about eating food. I keep a lot of peppermints in my pocket, those seem to help with my nausea.

Food aversions: EVERYTHING makes me want to puke. I can't even watch food on tv.

Nausea: It's pretty much 24 hours a day. There is a small window from about 7 to 9pm in which I feel sort of normal.

Energy level: Feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Weight gain: At one point I was -10 lbs, but since I've gained back about 4 lbs. So overall -6 lbs.

Moods: I cried for 2 hours the other night because our dog got out. She came back of course, but I still cried for the next hour and a half.

Maternity clothes: None yet. But my jeans are most comfortable with the top button undone. And as soon as I get home I get in the jammie pants.

Size of Baby: about 2 inches and weighs about 1/2 an ounce. About the size of a lime.

Changes with Baby this week: learning lots of reflexes like finger and toe movement, squirming (even though it can't be felt), the kidneys start functioning, the umbilical cord will move into the abdominal cavity, nerve cells and brain synapses are forming rapidly.

1 comment:

Old Grey One said...

Glad to hear you will be updating on here as well. Some of us have a phobia, and rightfully so, about facebook and all the other evil sites out there.