Saturday, July 7, 2012

Progression

Well I guess since I get random questions from strangers now, I feel okay with posting some belly pics, ha!  My favorite conversation was with a drug store checker a couple weeks ago that went like this:
"Oh wow...when are you due?"

"Around November 18." (maybe Nov 21...but I have a feeling I'll deliver early either way...but babies never arrive on time, ha!)

"OH. my. gosh.  You are barely halfway?!" (big buggy eyes at the size of my belly)

Okay, okay.  I know I have some a lot of extra padding.  But gosh, the things people say, haha!  I should also mention the fact that Baby C was measuring a tiny bit larger for his gestational age.  Surprise, surprise--look at his ginormous brother.

Here is the first photo I took on March 28; about 6 weeks pregnant.  I hate, hate, hate posting pictures of myself.  Hate it.  Especially ones that show more than my head & shoulders.  But this is all in the name of cherishing memories.


No pictures in April. This was taken May 16; about 13 weeks pregnant.  Not a huge difference at all.


I took this last night (July 6) with Robbie's iPad; about 20-almost 21 weeks pregnant.  I wish I would've remembered that switching to the self-photo lens meant the picture turning out opposite of what it looks like on the screen.  Oh well, I might figure out how to flip it in Photoshop, ha!


Definitely a bump there.  More baby than pudge, haha!  According to BabyCenter, the average baby is the size of a banana at this point.  A banana!!  Second time around and the miracle of creation is no less amazing.

We started cleaning out baby's room last night since the reality hit that we are a little over halfway through this pregnancy.  Our perfect size house has a master, and 2 bedrooms.  Both of which were storage rooms...but when Mav came along we cleaned & transitioned one out...and now we've started with the other room--much to Mav's delight.  This room was the place where we put all the stuff we didn't want him to touch/bother, but didn't want it deep in storage.

I love how I'm taking things from the room downstairs to the basement, and bringing up all the baby stuff we had stored down there.  Double love it!

The plan is to get a bigger bed for Mav (he still sleeps in his crib converted to a toddler bed) since it would be so silly to buy another crib.  We've taken him out a couple times to look at big beds and he loved it.  I don't think there will be any trouble making the switch.

Mav still doesn't quite get the whole idea of another kid living in his house, haha.  We talk about his baby brother in mommy's tummy all the time, and how he will be here just in time for his birthday.  I'm sure Mav will do great though.  Maybe I'm still in denial about another baby coming.  I am not stressed about it whatsoever.  Almost feel like I'm not preparing enough...but not really, ha!  But that's kinda my personality.  Just go with the flow, chill out, and enjoy life. 

Like Pete the Cat--it's "aaaaallllllllll gooooooooood". 

All mommas of preschoolers/preschool teachers out there know who Pete the Cat is.  And if they don't, they will soon!  I recommend reading the book "I Love My White Shoes" with the audio clip on HarperCollin's website. The song really gets stuck in your head.  "I like my bluuuuueeeee shooooooooes...."  

No comments: