Sunday, July 29, 2012

24 weeks!

Today I am 24 weeks, woo hoo!  I took an updated picture to compare it to when I was about 24-25 weeks with Maverick....agh!  Not only do I feel bigger this time around, it definitely looks like it.  Yikes!  Funny though--with both pregnancies I started out the same weight and have gained about the same at this point.  I guess (from what I've read) it is true that your muscles are all stretched out from having "been there and done that".

Here I am about 24-25 weeks with Maverick:


And here I am at 24 weeks with Little Brother:


It is so exciting to feel the baby move all the time, and with gusto!  I have an anterior placenta (it's in the front instead of along the spine) which made it hard to feel him early on.  He looooooves to kick my ribs all the time, and I'm pretty sure I felt hiccups the other day.  It's fun to have other people feel him now, too.

All the aches and pains seem to have hit sooner than last time.  I remember being almost 9 months with Mav and not even feeling that awful.  I was almost in tears the other night because I was in sooooo much pain.  I thought for sure the top of my stomach, right at the top of my ribs, was going to rip open from all the pressure of my growing insides.  Sitting down is more painful than standing, and laying down is the best.  I feel like this baby is carrying higher than Mav, and I've got the new stretch marks to prove it, haha!

I go a week from Tuesday for my glucose test...and I'm not holding my breath about passing.  I actually don't feel any of the symptoms like I did with Mav, I just assume since I had GD once I'll get it again.  Thankfully I didn't have to do insulin or anything last time, just diet control.  So if history repeats itself, it shouldn't be too bad to do again.

It's so exciting to think that in about 16 weeks we will be having another baby!!!  I know it most likely won't happen, but I would love to go a few days over my due date and have another Thanksgiving baby.  This year it falls on Nov 22, and my EDD is Nov 18.  Of course I'm sure at that point the thought of going over due would be torture, ha!

I know every pregnancy is different, but I can't help comparing...and I don't think I'll even come close to being over due.  Maverick was due December 1st, and he decided to come November 26th.  I vividly remember going to sit down on the couch to wait for Robbie to get ready for our day of errands, when my water broke.  That was Wednesday the 25th, and Maverick finally arrived early the next morning. :)

Speaking of Maverick, how about a cute picture or two?


Mav is just the awesomest little boy.  I am so blessed to be his mommy.  Every day he does or says something new and it is so fun to watch.  He is becoming such a little person (I guess babies do that?!). 


He loves to spell, and trace letters.  He knows where all his favorite cars come from (Ferraris come from Italy, Mercedes come from Germany, etc).  We've started working on State capitals since he has the States down...but he's a little confused as to why California is also called Sacramento. :)

Mav is starting to understand more and more about his baby brother.  Today was the first time ever that he came up to me and touched my belly to talk about the baby--all on his own free will, ha!

I think (and pray!) that my boys will be best friends and great brothers.  I know that may take until they are grown up and past the fighting-about-everything stage.  Hopefully it won't take that long and they'll be great friends from the start. ;)


No comments: