Friday, June 29, 2012

It's a Boy!

Well, it's finally sinking in...we are expecting a BOY!

To say we were shocked would be an understatement, ha!  I totally thought girl.  Robbie totally thought girl.  Everyone totally thought girl.  And while I do admit a tiny sense of sadness that I won't get to experience the cute clothes, pigtails, painted nails, and sundresses...I'm sooooooooo excited for Maverick to have a little brother!  (We only plan on 2 kiddos, unless God decides otherwise!)

My hope is that they will be best buds like my sister and I.  No one believed we were sisters because we got along so well.  We even had our own secret language.  Granted, there were a few fits in there (mostly when she borrowed my clothes without asking, agh!!!!).  I expect that Mav and little Bro will duke it out a nerf gun fight or two.

Another really great thing is that we literally don't have to buy anything new except for diapers and wipes.  Mav's birthday is November 26, and I'm due with this one around November 22.  So, perfect match of clothing size with season!  I'm excited that I get to use all of Mav's super cute clothes again!

So the appointment went well, and I really felt everyone's prayers all day and through the appointment.  I was (and still am) at such peace about it all, and trust that God will bring us through step by step--as always.  There almost wasn't an ultrasound though!  We went in and the machine wasn't working correctly; the keyboard wasn't inputing into the computer.  Even after a reboot it still wasn't working.  So I thought..."Okay, for whatever reason God doesn't want us to see in there today"...but the 3rd try was a charm.

As soon as she started looking around, I knew I saw a little thingy.  I looked over at Robbie and I could tell by the look on his face that he saw it, too.  We both started smiling out of disbelief.  The ultrasound tech said she likes to see it 3 times before confirming it...this was the picture she took, ha!  No question about that one, huh?!


As far as indications of Down Syndrome, we received a pretty great report.  Of course, there is always the possibility and only at birth can there be a for sure answer.  Only about 40% of DS diagnosis occurs with an ultrasound.  But here is what the ultrasound tech and my doctor examined and reported to us.  The clef and nose looked to be developing normal; the thickness of the neck looked to be developing normal; the size of the stomach looked to be developing normal (DS babies tend to not swallow well in-utero); the umbilical cord had 3 vessels (DS babies tend to only have 2); and his hands were unclenched and moving well (this isn't an obvious/telltale sign but tends to be correlated).  Since I have an anterior placenta (with slight previa) they didn't get the clearest picture of his heart, so I am going again on Tuesday for a level 2 scan at the big hospital just to confirm his heart is developing normal.  But from what they could tell, it was doing great.  I'm looking at it as another chance to see my little guy!

No matter what though, doesn't he look handsome?!  He clearly was like, "Mom you need to relax and trust God!" and demonstrated his ability to chill out with his arms behind his head.  :)


The more I think about it, the more excited I'm getting about 2 boys around here!  Also, we think we have found a name for little bro.  The names we were tossing around just didn't feel right.  But this one does!  It just feels perfect.

Okay, so Maverick has been a little more than neglected on the blog lately, ha!  He is just so fun right now!  I'm loving this age!  I'm a little sad that he doesn't need us to go to sleep anymore.  Gasp, I can't believe I just said that!!!  He just walks right in, waits to be tucked in and kissed, and tells us to "go oder dare" and points to the hallway, ha!  He is growing up waaaaay too fast for me.

How about some cute pictures of him at the little fair we went to?  We went up to the mall parking lot carnival with Nana, Papa, Aunt Jo, Uncle Jon, Noa, and Malia.


As I expected, Mav was not keen on riding any rides.  On his own will anyways, ha!  If I didn't have to observe this rule (pic below), I would've at least tried carrying him on the carosel or ferris wheel.  Usually once it gets started he's fine.  But I can tell pretty quickly before the ride starts if he's too terrified and will try climbing out!


He had lots of fun watching all the rides though.  He almost got on the bumper cars. 


This picture cracks me up!  I have a feeling I'm going to get the "Moooooom!" face a lot as he gets older.


He liked pointing to the parts of the rides and naming the engine, gears, etc.  Such a mechanical mind already!

I thought for sure the lure of the steering wheel would get him on this ride, but he quickly realized what was going on and scurried out of there!



So we watched cousin Noa drive.  Mav laughed hysterically everytime Noa came around!

These high flying swings were by far his most favorite, favorite ride to watch.  He kept coming back to watch them go round and round, waaaaaaay high in the air.  I don't think I would've been brave enough to ride!





No comments: