Saturday, December 4, 2010

Birthday Hangover

It's Saturday morning...and I've been awake since 7:30am....what am I doing?  Eating a spoonful of cake icing and playing around on Facebook and Blogger of course!

I don't know what it is about my brain that won't switch off when I finally have the opportunity to sleep in on the weekend.  At least I didn't get up at 5:30am like I normally do for work during the week! :)

Maybe I'm still recovering from Maverick's First birthday.  It was really more like a birthday week, ha!  Having your birthday on or very close to a holiday is a lot of fun since you get to see so many family and friends.  (mine is 2 days after Christmas and I love it!!!)
(Mav looks a little annoyed here, but it's because I had him stop playing so I could get a picture of him in his custom birthday shirt--thanks Aunt Linda and Robyn!!)

Maverick is standing by himself all the time now, but he still prefers to crawl everywhere.  Which is totally fine with me, I'm trying to enjoy these last days of not chasing him around like crazy, ha!  Although I'm kept super busy with him climbing on everything.  He climbed on top of the coffee table the other day and about scared me to death! 

He currently LOVES to put things in containers.  Goldfish crackers go into the bowl.  Blocks go into the box.  Refrigerator magnets go into the seat compartment of his new bike.  Animal crackers go into the barn.  (I'm gonna go ahead and say that he is a genius and knows that animals live in barns)

But his most faaaaaaaavorite is the trash can.  Unfortunately. 

We have to hide our kitchen trash can because he loves to stand there and open & close the lid.  Open & close the lid.  Open & close the lid.  Open & close the lid.  Open & close the lid.  Throw a couple things in there.  Open & close the lid.  Open & close the lid...

Which would be great...if it weren't filled with yucky trash! :)

A couple last minute reminders (for my memory's sake):
-Maverick has just about conquered holding his own sippy cup!  We've been working on it for a while, and now he's just about there.  Pretty soon it will seem silly that we were so concerned about it, ha!

-Maverick did great at his 1 yr. check up...except for the shots of course!  I'm sure there were some pretty nervous kiddos in the waiting room after hearing him scream like that.  He is a big'un:  25 lbs (75%) and 32 inches tall (97%).  Mav got the seal of approval and thumbs up from his doctor who said he was just perfect. ;)

Now I'm gonna go make some scrambled eggs so they're ready for when my boys wake up.  I'm excited because today Robbie actually has a Saturday off!!

1 comment:

Old Dude said...

Great update!!!Glad to hear you guys have a day... well, almost to yourselves. Enjoy your Saturday and its good to hear the Mav is doing well too, at least according to the docs...